You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

102 runs in 20 balls! He is returning from injury!

He is considered the best wicket-keeper of the present generation. But as a batsman, he is considered very slow. So, he doesn't get much opportunity in ODIs and T-20 Internationals. Moreover, he had an injury in the hamstring. So, he had to remain out of the field for some time. Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik have been representing India as wicketkeeper-batsman.

But he is returning! And what a return! Yesterday, in a JC Mukherjee tournament, he scored 102 in only 20 balls hitting 14 sixers and 4 boundaries. He hit 6 sixers in one over. Kalighat Ground in Kolkata has witnessed his rampaging batting yesterday. He has proved that he can also hit very hard, if necessary.

I hope, Wriddhiman Saha will be regularly representing India not only in Tests but also in ODIs and T-20 Internationals.
    102 runs in 20 balls. 84 runs in 14 balls in the form of sixes , 16 runs in 4 balls 2 balls for the remaining 2 runs. No dot balls. Really a fantastic display of stroke play. Another factor to notice is that he has come after recovering from a injury. An excellent display of stroke play. Definitely now he will attract the eyes of selectors. Let us see the reaction of selectors.. I feel he will be given a chance now.
    drrao
    always confident

This is an amazing strong comeback from Wridddhiman Saha. Scoring 102 in just 20 balls is an amazing talent. After Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Saha will be coming back as wicket keeper batsmen. Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik need to be consistent for securing a position in the Indian team.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

I think, the challenge of Dinesh Karthik (remembering his brilliant, once in a five-year knock against Bangladesh) has forced Wriddhiman to showcase his batting talent. Excellent! India is now having the sweet problem of plenty.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

From his scores, the days of remembrance of Kapil Dev batting was brought back. I hope the BCCI has taken note of Wriddhiman Saha and he shall get place in all matches Team India plays.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Currently, Saha is one of the contenders for the place of MS Dhoni ( as a wicketkeeper batsmen) along with Dinesh Karthik and Parthiv Patel. Wriddhiman Saha's ability to keep wickets and be a natural successor to Dhoni has been mentioned by Gavaskar and Kholi in the past.

This knock is a blistering display of skills leading to a century and following the superb display by Karthik would mean that both need to be kept in the Indian squad for the ODIs and T-20. We should rotate the players by giving regular chances equally to good players like these. India need to groom talent not for a single tour or a single series but with the long term view too.

With M.S.Dhoni's ODI around the corner, it appears that all the contenders for wicket-keeping have stepped up their A-game. First, Dinesh Karthik with that brilliant finish against Bangladesh and now, Wriddhiman Saha. I would also like Lokesh Rahul to get into the groove as he is an exceptional talent in himself. Not sure about test matches, but Parthiv Patel too has a good chance of making comeback in ODIs.
    We would require a good array of fast bowlers too as we've seen India struggling with the bowl in the absence of Jasprit Bumrah and Bhubaneshwar Kumar. India will never be short of good batsmen though, but good bowlers are the worry.

All these Matches played at Ranji level or domestic level don't showcase any talent there are people who score tons of runs at the domestic level even they couldn't find feet in International matches while England team will teach a lesson for the Indian team in T-20's and One-dayers.A great defeat ahead.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Mr. Bhushan: JC Mukherjee Trophy is a local T-20 Tournament of Kolkata. But have you ever tried to contemplate the meaning of 102 runs in 20 balls? It is next to impossible at any level. And Wriddhiman Saha has never been considered a big hitter of the ball.

But, it can be stated from your past record of discussion that it would not be prudent on my part to try to have a logical discussion with you.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

• Sign In to post your comments