You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Inspired by Alexander Graham Bell, I made my first electric bell in school days

I passed my high school in the year 1969 i.e. about 49 years ago. Science was one of my subjects and I was fascinated on reading about the discoveries and inventions made by various scientists. During those days, I had a hidden desire of becoming a great scientist in future and discover something which will help immensely, the mankind at large.

I got a book in my school library and read about Alexander Graham Bell, the scientist credited with the invention of telephone besides invention of photophone, metal detector, hydrofoils and his great work in the field of aeronautics. Inspired by his biography, I started working in my own way at house, after school time, for inventing something new.

Not exactly, an invention, but I could assemble a electric bell which functions by means of an electromagnet and could be operated using batteries. I installed it at my house to be used as a doorbell though it was used only by me and my siblings.

(TOW Entry)
    Great to learn from the author that he made a bell taking inspiration from Alexander Graham Bell. The author should have gone further in the invention to have more uses from bell.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is the desire to make an invention attained by the inspiration got by knowing about Graham Bell made you invent a calling bell. I think that invention will be helpful to you now also in getting an appreciation for this TOW contest post.Congratulations to you for your good work.
    drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.