You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is there any scientific explanation for this mysterious phenomenon?

The Jagannath Temple in Puri is a very sacred place of pilgrimage for all Hindus. It is one of the Char Dham pilgrimages in India. There are many mysterious phenomena and custom associated with this sacred temple. One of these is related to the flag which is at the top of the temple. Everyday a priest of the temple goes to the top of this very high temple and changes the flag. This ritual is being carried out everyday for the last 1800 years. It is stated that if the flag is not changed on any day, the temple will be shut for next 18 years.

The flag at the temple top always flies in opposite direction of the wind. This mysterious phenomenon is being noticed over the ages. I would like to know whether there is any scientific explanation for this mysterious phenomenon. Can anyone explain?
    There are numerous instances wherein the science has lost its base & not able to explain logic behind those.

When I last visited their, we were told that the Prasadam is cooked in pots using firewood. Exactly 7 pots are put one on top of another. Surprisingly, the top most pot is cooked first followed by the bottom pots in order. How come as the bottom pot has the maximum fire.

Such phenomenon can be explained only after carrying out in-depth research and studies at site. However, I am adding few more unexplained, amazing and science defying mysteries of Puri.

1. It is said that birds and planes don't fly above Jagganath temple.

2. The Sudarshan Chakra on top of the temple always looks facing the viewer on gazing from any place of Puri.

3. Shadow of the main dome is invisible at any time of the day.

4. The quantity of food (prasad) cooked remains the same throughout the year but all the devotees get the same whether their number is few thousands or 2 lakhs. It never gets wasted.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I never visited this temple. I may plan a visit there. Many people talk about these points regarding this temple. Many things can't be explained by any logic. Certain points appear always above the science. I don't know whether anyone conducts any research and find out the reason for these points. It is amazing to note that the food cooked every day remains the same but it never gets wasted. Really no explanation for these questions.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments