You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I am now with a big movement for the cause of elders who are above 50.

Thanks to ISC, I was recognized and being roped in with a big movement by Elders Clubs International Foundation, which is having 35 branches across the globe and organizing the World Elders Abusing Awareness (Prevention) day on June 15th at Hyderabad. Our Vice President Venkaiah Naidu would inaugurate the Elders Mela and Exhibition in Hyderabad on large scale. I was spotted for my pro-elders writing profess in ISC and other social media contributions and got the offer to associate with this big movement. I shall keep posting about the developments.
    The United Nations (UN) has designated June 15 as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD). It is estimated that by 2050, the number of people of 60 years or older will increase the number of younger people.

Unfortunately, many senior citizens across the world are subjected to elderly abuse, neglect, violence, and exploitation in one form or the other. According to WHO data about 4 to 6 percent of elderly people are subjected to abuse, a large number of which goes unreported.

My heartiest congratulations to Mohan Ji for the distinction conferred upon him. However, he may consider writing more about the organisation joined by him.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Many congrats to you, Mr. Mohan. It is a great opportunity and I hope you will play the role assigned to you with pride and satisfaction. Let us begin by respecting and caring for all the elderly people across the globe.

Note: Since you said that you will keep posting the developments, I suggest that you post the updates in this thread itself instead of raising separate ones.

'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Hearty congratulations to you Mr. K. Mohan.
    Honesty is the best policy.

It is very nice to know the distinction conferred on Mohan and congratulate him for the nomination. Slowly in the world, the elders are getting recognised and some place is being given to them also in the society.I have been observing that many senior citizens are suffering and forced to stay alone in the old houses in the villages. Some young people may be sending money to them but the difficulties they are encountering in discharging their day to day work also they are suffering a lot. In cities, we get some services by payment for helping the old but in villages, these facilities are not there. If something in this direction is done it will be good for the old people living alone in the villages.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations Mohan sir for being selected for the Elders Club. I feel the gravity of the situation related to elderly population is grossly estimated by the Government.

If you look at the trend, there are a good number of senior citizens who say, my son/daughter is in the USA (which means, they are home alone), the population of elders is bound to raise, since they are vulnerable, they are often easy targets for social, emotional and financial abuse.

The healthcare needs for the elderly are huge, getting a prostate surgery, a cataract surgery, a joint replacement etc is ok for people who can afford it, imagine people who have to live on pensions only, their state would be difficult to comprehend.

It's is difficult growing old, at a practical level, it would be wiser to spend time and plan our own lives during the sunset years, have a small place closer to a health care center or hospital, have a healthy lifestyle to mitigate the impact of illnesses and pray to the Almighty to keep us free from suffering.

Congratulations to you Mr.Mohan. It is a nice milestone in your life for this recognition and it is once again proved that our sincere work never goes waste. all the best to you.

In a lighter vein, I didn't respond to you yesterday because of not getting fooled as some threads appeared to be so.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Mohan Ji, another gem to your crown. Best Wishes. Normal services to the society is always appreciable but the service to elders is most appreciable and you have got a chance in this connection.

The proposed Elders clubs International Foundation wants to establish elders clubs at each colony across the country, manned and controlled by the elders themselves through committees and the parent organisation shall guide them to have services of doctors, advocates, free legal aids, free help on consumer rights, help to get pensions, settle problems relating to pensions, managing elders property, managing their assets and above all assuring all elders to have decent living without physical abuse, mental abuse and financial abuse. And even when a elder dies, a befitting last honour would be given in decent way to rest in peace.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is a matter of proud for all of us that one of our senior members, Mr Mohan, is associated with the activities of Elders Clubs International Foundation.

The awareness building to tackle the abuses to the seniors in society is very much required as the world is turning to materialistic goals and new generation is neither aware nor interested in serving their seniors in any way. We are losing our cultural heritage of respecting and caring our seniors.

I hope, Mr Mohan in his own creative style post the developments in this regard in ISC so that we can also in our areas spread the same awareness.

Knowledge is power.

K Mohan,

Congratulations on the honour! Best wishes to you for working & moving forward successfully on the initiative of the Foundation.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

It is really great that you have got the opportunity to work for the elders, thanks to ISC. I am sure that with all your sincerity you will definitely do something fruitful and useful for them.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Now we have been chalking out for elaborate arrangement for the inauguration of Elders Mela and Exhibition which shall be declared open by VP Venkaiah Naidu on 15th June 2018.
    K Mohan

Mr Mohan,
    Congratulation with a hope that it was not a fool's message on the First day of April. You could have waited and posted this message on 2nd April. However, it is good to know that a member from ISC is a member of Elder's club.

May I know - Apart from the Elders club's proposal to do something for the elders, as an individual, how do you intend to help the elders? Who are the elders? What is your aim and scope to help the elders? Should an elder be a pensioner or rich enough? What would be the fate of an elder who has nothing ?

@ To me, an elder should be above 60 or 65. They should be senior citizen. 50 is a middle age to perform well without anyone's support.

No life without Sun

For me and the club agenda, over 50 years of age are considered the elders and why because they have to learn to plan and look after themselves without depending on others.
    K Mohan

Happy to note this information. Let me congratulate you, Mr. Mohan, for this offer you got. Hope you will share the summary of activities happening at the club such that the members of this channel be delighted to understand the programmes there.
    There are Senior citizens forums here in most of the cities and towns where people stay together, in flats or villa groups. There they initiate several activities useful for seniors, preferably 60 years and above.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Surely I shall keep posting the developments regularly through this forum.
    K Mohan

Congratulations Mr. Mohan for being selected for the Elders Club Hyderabad. Can you tell the venue and timing of the event. I will join you.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

The Elders club mela and exhibition is going to be held at A V College grounds, Domalguda, Hyderabad on 15th, 16th and 17th June 2018
    K Mohan

Thank you Mohan sir for being selected to the Elder's Club. Elder people are avoided and ignored in the family. Many of them mistreat them without proper care. We can see that the old age homes are increasing, the younger people in the family need to take care of their elder people because they have struggled in their life for raising their children and now it is time for children to take care and give something in return for their life.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

• Sign In to post your comments