You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why Mark Zuckerberg wears the same type of clothes to work everyday?

Mark Zuckerberg, the owner of Facebook, is the youngest billionaires in the world. However, he wears only a grey T-shirt everyday. This is the one thing that has never changed since he launched Facebook. He claims that dressing in the same way allows him to focus his energy on more important decisions at work.

Generally common people spend at least few minutes daily in choosing clothes to be worn each day. Many more minutes are spend in wearing the clothes daily, particularly by women fond of donning trending dresses.

What are your observations regarding the subject matter?
    There may be two different answers to the question. The first one is that Mark Zuckerberg doesn't need to prove that he has different types and sets of dresses in his cupboard. The second answer is that Mr. Zuckerberg is little bit superstitious and he does not want to abandon his lucky T-shirt.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Steve jobs never changed his black turtleneck.
    Bill Gates wears his blue shirt and grey pants all the time. There are many entrepreneurs who don't care to change their attire.
    Reason could be they're trying to transform themself into a brand. Their uniform like attire help us remember them easily.

One more thing would be thinking about what to wear takes too much energy and time for shopping. So just wearing a same type or same clothes everyday saves mind and time that can be invested in money. One more thing. You are what you wear. So changing clothes will change personality. Entrepreneurs would never want that. They want to retain their personality for business.

Reason could be any of these or none of these, but the habit is downright irritating. To both the watchers and wearers. Dressing oneself is a good habit, it shows you're well groomed and attract people and attention.
    But maybe, that's what these big shots fear. They probably are escaping unwanted attention.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

'Why' is a question that only Mark Zuckerberg will be able to answer. Rest of us may only be able to presume or assume reasons. Is such an exercise worth Mr. Kailash? Why should we be worried about what others wear unless it has some relation to us? I don't think it is necessary to probe into personal likes or dislikes. What do you say?
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

By the way we must appreciate Mark Zuckerberg, the owner of Facebook, for showing simplicity in life by wearing only a grey T-shirt everyday and that proves, he has understood the fact that there need not special dress sense to make others known that he is some body else. In fact one must understand, we dress up for our satisfaction and not for some to notice and appreciate. And now a days same kind, same dress available in quantity so that one can wear same kind of dress always. He is not a actor to make style statement everyday. His simplicity in living is the hallmark to which everyone should follow.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Many companies will decide on the uniform to all their employees and the MD also will wear the same whenever he comes to office. The reason may be the same what the facebook owner told. Another thing is if all employees come with the same dress, there will not be any comparison and there will not be any discussion on the clothes. That may give some additional working time which will benefit the company.
    Another aspect is the time to be spared for selection. If you decide on colour and type, it will not take much time to purchase the clothes. You can go straight to the brand shop and simply tell him the colour. It is as simple as purchasing underwear.
    Some people use their dressing style to inform their status. Such people may have to change dresses show before others to show their richness. Those people may spend a lot of time in getting their dress selected. For well-known people, this necessity never exists.

drrao
    always confident

#631766 - Stories of persons like Mark Zuckerberg inspire us. These are success stories. 'Mark Zuckerberg' is not only an individual. He has risen beyond that and has become a success icon.

Thus discussing about as to why he wear the same type of clothes daily has a potential of becoming a part of curriculum of management courses.

It teaches us that we dissipate much of our energy in choosing clothes daily instead of focussing on more important issues.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#631781, I disagree. A disciplined person will always be well planned and so the question of wasting energy to select what one should wear does not arise. A person like Mark might be having some other reason for wearing the same pattern of dress daily.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

We are discussing what and why Mark Zuckerberg is wearing, while, I'm sure this would be the last thing on his mind these days. Sometimes a person feels so comfortable in a particular environment that he/she is not bothered about his/her external appearance.
    For instance at home, while going to the corner shop, most of us would just go in regular clothes without paying attention to the wrinkles or the tired face. But when we are out at work, meeting clients, need to have a job done, we bother about our attire. People like Mark Zuckerberg would be recognized(in his circles) in whatever they wear or not wear. I don't think he needs to wear a range of clothes to get his work done.

#631794 - During his first public question and answer session in 2014, when an audience member asked why his outfits never changed, MarK Zuckerberg replied as follows -

"I really want to clear my life to make it so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community".

"I'm in this really lucky position, where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people. And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life."

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

• Sign In to post your comments