You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What did I mean by ''And I am not an Editor''?

I have been feeling sleepy. I have been reading a terrific thriller based on Indian Para-commando operations and I have reached an interesting juncture. But even then I have to splash my face with water. I am forced to close the book and raise this thread.

I raised an innocent thread which later turned to be very controversial by some of the Members:-
    This thread

The ME has made her concluding comment and locked the thread. Although she has clearly understood my thread but has raised an objection to my comment:''And I am not an Editor''. She has stated: ''What about the statement "And I am not an Editor." which caught my attention right away & amused me no end - if you ask me, that is far more controversial, having an underlying, not so well-intentioned, meaning!!''

So, why did I make this comment? My answer is very simple. I have seen that generally, the Editors appreciate the members. It is very rare (not totally absent, though) in ISC when a member genuinely praises another member. So, I made this comment. It is not a dig or sarcasm aimed at the Editors. This comment was not meant to be controversial. But how can I avoid my luck!

I have tried to clarify my position. Now let me go back to the thriller. Thank you all!
    Mr.Partha, your 'this thread' links bring us back to this thread only.
    I have read the response on the thread congratulating two ISC members on diamond level entry. I would agree with the ME's comments. We should not read too much into or between the lines on such threads whose sole intention is to express our appreciation for a member's achievement.
    If we do so, the result is predictable, the thread gets sidetracked and the main reason is sidelined.

Appreciating fellow members on their achievement and surging ahead of others is not a bad idea. In fact it will pep up the activities of the same member. ISC should not have any problem with that.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thanks Mr. Natarajan. I have corrected the mistake.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Alright, Partha. Thank you for clarifying what you meant by that statement. Issue closed. Let's move on.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.