You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Request for activating 'forum submission guidelines' link which is not working?

I have no issues regarding locking of my thread 'Where is the link to 'Forum Posting Guidelines?' raised at 18.08 today within 10 minutes at 18.28 hrs and making the points earned as '0'.

However, the point raised in the thread is still not resolved. I think corrective action should be taken to activate the link so that the new members can reach the forum submission guidelines easily without fumbling here and there.

Therefore I am raising this request for activating 'forum submission guidelines' link which is not working as described in detail in my locked thread.
    Go to the homepage. You will see a blue bar on the top.
    In the list, if you go across, the last word is "MORE"
    Click on that. Help page will open. There will be a table on that page.
    You click on Posting Guidelines.
    A new page will open. In that, you will find one line in the last as "forum posting guidelines"
    Click on that and you will be seeing the general guidelines for posting in the forum section.
    Before answering your thread I have visited this page. I think you can try this way.

drrao
    always confident

#631999- Thank you for your response. I know how to try other options but my point is simple. Why not to simply consider activating the link given most prominently on the page where a member goes for starting a new thread.

Imagine the case of new members. They can simply read the guidelines by accessing it conveniently before starting a new thread.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes instead of searching for the link on posting guidelines, it must be readily available on the top before submitting any content, so that members and new members get alerted.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I agree with your point. But a new member should go through all the help topics for a better understanding of the website. However, if it can be done by the ISC it is welcome.
    Many times whenever a new person comes he may pull the old threads and answer that. Regarding this many times, threads were raised. In one of the threads, I suggested ISC to see whether it is possible to highlight this point on the top of forum page so that everybody will remember and will not pull the old topics.
    Like this many suggestions will be coming and the feasibility and adaptability are to be studied by the concerned.

drrao
    always confident

I visited the link just now and found still not functional. I again request the editors to take up the matter with the webmaster for either activating the link or removing the link.

Mr Kailash, the point will be taken up with the admin and necessary action taken at the earliest. I don't quite understand the reason as to why you are harping on this single issue. But, please be patient. It is not something like 'I say and you do', okay?
    'Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment'- Lao Tzu

I am becoming impatient to be active in the forum section again once the corrective action is completed.

I visited the link just now and found still not functional. I again request the editors to take up the matter with the webmaster for either activating the link or removing the link.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

Mr Partha, I (do) !! understand your interest

I have put up his concern to the admin and have to him so. So, why should the author or you be-be so perturbed/ what is so big deal when we have everything in place? When most of you, as members, have been giving references to our guidelines to new members, asking this kind of questions does appear bad.

Can we patient and wait for the admin to react?

"When most of you, as members, have been giving references to our guidelines to new members, asking this kind of questions does appear bad."-I never ask new Members to follow the guidelines (which do not exist). I ask new Members to follow the guidelines/dictum of the Editors, not the guidelines which have not been available for a quite long time.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence

It is not that only new members are required to study forum submission guidelines. Considering the fact that sometimes threads of even forum superstars are deleted and points reduced to zero, it is evident that forum submission guidelines are required to be referred from time to time by all members across the board. I think even editors may be referring guidelines as and when required before taking any penal action.

The link to 'forum submission guidelines' is now functional. The fellow ISCians may refer the same in case interested to refresh the guidelines. I had sent a mail to ME today Morning. It appears that such a prompt action is the outcome of said mail.
    Thanks to the Managing Editor Ms. Vandana.

I would like to clarify: The prompt action was not due to the email from Kailash Kumar, which I saw just now only & not earlier. The prompt action was due to LE Saji Ganesh contacting the Webmaster directly requesting to do the needful.

It would be nice if members learned to trust. If an editor states that the issue has been put to the admn, they should believe it & just wait for a further update on it. It may even take many days, but you will get an update sooner or later. I am also in the loop of such issues which crop up, since one of the forum editors will inform me about it even if he/she does not respond. Keep the faith.

(I am locking this thread now.)

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.