You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Are you ready for a picture tale?

A friend of mine wishes to pursue photography as a career. Every weekend he just strolls off to his neighbourhood and clicks random pics.

Here I enclose one of his best clicks. I request members to frame a story from and about the objects in that image. Yes, a picture story contest.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Delete Attachment

Zoom and the far of t. When we zoom something or the picture that is being discussed, we can see things so closer and make out but in this image, the near and far one details has been dimmed and that has enhanced the beauty of this great image.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Whether all the objects should be included in the story or story may be around one or two objects available in the picture?
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Since the picture, Saroja, is that of a field with areas both blurry and heavily focussed, I wish you could write about the field as a whole.

Observing the picture closely, a small story propped into my mind.
    A lady had been working in the fields, since there was no one to look after her child,named Sonu ,who was five years of age, accompanied her to the fields. She would work the whole day and evening they would go back home together. One day as the dusk approached, the shadows of the trees and bushes were long and curved and the treesbarren.
    He was very thirsty and his mother went to fetch water.Sonu looked here and there, silence all over, suddenly see the trees and branches he saw different shapes of shadows and one looked a bit scary. He could see something like a monster ,he screamed.His mother came hearing his shout.what happened! She asked. He showed the scary figure of the shadow".The monster is entering the tent. " He said, his mother laughed. This is a shadow of a branches swaying She held his hand and went away.
    Since I could picturise something in the background. I framed this little story.

Haha. Nice Pramila. Supernatural isn't the unexplained but the misunderstood. The story was subtle.

Imagination Can take you anywhere.

I am not impressed by the picture posted by the author despite the fact that any picture can be made a trigger point for spinning a story. But, still when we talk about picture tale then why not to go for a clear picture depicting something more obvious, contemporary and real.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The Alliance Air landed the Trichirapalli International Airport.

Suja, 50, got goose bump all over the body as she coming back after 30 years and her memory revolved back to her 20 when she enjoyed the river bank of Cauvery in her hometown near Srirangam. She is very much amused and from the Airport after collecting all the luggage, while passing through the road connecting to Srirangam in a Cab, she is looking on both sides and felt very bad when the sight of the green fields has totally become dark and there are only shadows of building seen around. She felt a surge of anxiety when the cab enter near her place and all over the cauvery bank is looking dry. There are some traces of water but every place is filled with water hyacinth. By seeing this, her memory recalled that these plants on river bed pose huge threats to the river's ecosystem. Also she could see all over the city, the flex boards around with every party protesting the centre for Cauvery Dispute tribunal.

With a heavy heart, she had put down the foot from the cab and she runs to the backside of the house where she used to enjoy the Cauvery river bed during her childhood. But this time, her heart is empty by seeing the dark field and she remembered the caption she read recently 'The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it'. WIth the caption on her mind, she came out of the atmosphere surrounded and started thinking of her purpose of visit to her hometown and hence she started off with her other work to be finished before she fly back to Houston.

I remember a story of Akbar and Birbal relating to this picture. Many might not have heard or read this story.
    Once, in the court of Akbar, one guy had a gastic problem and released the unbearable gas which spread bad adour in the court. Akbar caught hold of the guy and put him behind the bars. Next day, Birbal told Akbar that he has learned the art of getting pearls. Akbar was curious. Birbal fixed a date and time during a winter for Akbar to come to the field. On the said day, early in the morning, Birbal took Akbar to the field. The plants in the field were shining with pearls (the dews). Akbar was stunned and wanted to take a pearl. Birbal stopped him and said," Hazur, you can get the pearl only if you never released any gas in your life. Otherwise, the pearl will vanish."
    Akbar realised his mistake and released the guy from the jail.

No life without Sun

I understand Kailash Kumar. Its alright.
    Saroja, once again you splendidly correlated a current burning issue to a mere picture of an open field.
    And I love that you put my footer in your story.

Sun, I faintly remember this story. But you were supposed to write an original story right.
    Nevertheless thanks for your participation.

Thank you @Aditya.

• Sign In to post your comments