You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I have read in Tamil two homonyms related to politics.

Today when I glanced through a Tamil on-line portal I have read these two homonyms which are related to Politics. First I give it in Tamil and then translation and apart from the political issues, I really enjoyed these two homonyms in the current political scenario.

1. Vilangu galukku theevanam vangiya oozhal seithu Vilangu Kidaithahu (Scam in Animal Husbendary equipment and hence got arrested. (Here Vilangu means both animal and handcuff)

2. There are many recommendation to boycott IPL in Chennai with regard to political stand of Cauvery. One among the comment for this news is 'aaru runs kku badhil Cauvery aaru endru flex board kanbikkalam' meaning 'flex boards can be shown for six as cauvery river is for us'. (Here aaru means both six as well as river).

Members may come with interesting remarks.
    Wow what a nice observation and sharing of the same with us. What I liked is the timing of the "Aaru to be referred as Cauvery Aaru" which seems to coincide with the sentiments of the people now fighting for their legitimate share and establishment of Cauvery Water Management board. And Tamil news papers are known for creating sensational headlines and the one Vilangu that of animals compared to Vilangu that of handcuff is really fantastic.So as the elections approach we get such kind of new feeds from the news in future. My appreciation to the author for closely watching the happenings and reporting here.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

One more homonym too now taking the headlines but I have not shared here because that is not correct homonym. The recent verdict of Salman for blackbuck poaching case in Tamil as 'Maan Vettaiyadi Salmaan kaidhu'
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

It is good to read the homonyms. The beauty of the language is very nicely explained. The headlines in the newspapers will be written people who are very good in the literature.
    In Telugu also there are some homonyms like this. One is AA Palu lo saga Palu madi.(The meaning of this sentence is in that milk half part is ours) first Palu refers to milk and the second palu refers to portion.
    Like this there are homonyms in other languages also.

drrao
    always confident

'Maan Vettaiyadi Salmaan kaidhu', that was hilarious and brought instant laughter in me. It is a nice dig against Salman on his recent conviction.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is good to hear such homonyms. Kauveri river management issue is now becoming more severe in the Tamil Nadu. All the celebrities are uniting together against not forming Kaveri river management board. The government is making it too slow for the changes. Any way relating to sixes as Aaaru is really good.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

The very fact that the author has raised the post means that the homonyms have served its purpose which is entice the reader to pay attention to it. It is like a catchy phrase or a dialogue, which would be understood immediately if the person knows the language.

• Sign In to post your comments