You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you work here due to "pressure" to earn or contribute to this site for "pleasure" to learn ?

Every one of us has the compulsion to increase the salary as we have to cope with rise in prices of commodities and everything in life on daily basis. But salary seems to be stagnant and wont change. So many of us want to earn some extra money out of pressure on our life to mitigate some extra expenses. On the other hand those who are well settled in life with money has no problem, they too spend here their valuable time for pleasure of learning. Because knowledge is an ocean and as you dig, it you keep on exploring the information galore.
    Surely I am here, with a pleasure whether I am learning or earning. I agree people who are here for earning surely have a pressure on their own. I have heard people who are posting job section or article section are doing so many techniques to post and hence to earn while those who are in forum or ask experts mostly share their knowledge or experience in some kind with pleasure.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Right Saroja, those who are active in forum are surely contributing here for pleasure of learning.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

If somebody is under pressure for earning they will not spend a lot of time here. Because what we earn here is a very little money and especially the people who spend more time in forum section will get less. So I think the majority of the people who are working here maybe putting their efforts mainly to learn and educate the others. It is a two-way process. It is pleasure participating here by the way of our contributions which will definitely improve our knowledge in the subject as well as language skills. For answering a question in Ask Expert section we may spend more time but the return may be in a few single digit rupees. But it will help us to improve our knowledge and that may be useful somewhere. If somebody is thinking that we are here for earning I feel it is a misconception. As far as I am concerned I never come to this site expecting some money.
    drrao
    always confident

Each and every member who works on this site will have their own needs to cope up with the challenges in their life. We cannot say whether a person is having a pressure or some may contribute to only one section and they need to earn money in life to achieve some targets. People who are in forum section are really active and by sharing our knowledge we are learning some new things from our day to day activities. There will be people who have office jobs and will be contributing to this site in their free time. This site is now becoming more active with more members registering each day.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

We have discussed a few times that the earnings from this ISC site are not going to be huge to substantially supplement one's earnings. Most of us on ISC would be for the pleasure to share our knowledge and learn from each other's experience.

If someone wants to earn a lot due to financial pressure, they would be doing other job assignments, have their own websites, blogs, focusing on Youtube or Adsense or even mining for bitcoins etc to generate a decent amount of money.

At ISC, it's more of an informal interaction, exchange of ideas, gathering different views, have an healthy participation in contests, group discussions etc. To me, this is primarily a way to spend time more usefully for one's own benefit.

In my opinion, it is not possible to use ISC as a means of earning or supplementing one's income as a lot of time, efforts and energy is required to earn each single rupees.

At the same time, it cannot be taken as a source of learning also in all cases as the intellectual level of its members fall within a certain domain as in the case of all other forums. The experience of a college student or a normal housewife is likely to be different than those of persons in the senior age groups with a treasure of experience.

In my opinion prople continue here to see their names published in a website free of cost.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Very interesting thread by the author. I am here to learn and it is pleasant to share our knowledge and learn from the great person here. I submit the article for earning purpose but in the forum section, I contribute to the pleasure and learning purposes. I contribute in AE section for helping the others by my knowledge. I only answer the question which is of my interest and I have the knowledge about it.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Duplicate.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I am here at ISC by default that made me to learn and enhance my English writing ability to a great extent. I like to learn with fun and joy. I am here mainly to enjoy life, not to earn or learn.
    No life without Sun

For doing any work there should be some motivational factor otherwise we do not incline to exert in that direction. Those who have an aptitude or passion for creative writing will post their ideas in the forums or write blogs in sites or write articles in reputed sites where they will be known as per the quality of their posts and the large number of visits and comments will be adding to that fame and they will be deriving the satisfaction of these achievements accordingly.

Now if such efforts are remunerated by the site, like happening in ISC, it is the icing on the cake and that becomes à case of earning with pleasure.

Knowledge is power.

Although money matters but I couldn't find anywhere else to contribute myself in a better way. Wherein though we are motivated to involve more but a the same time bound by the terms & conditions of this forum. It's good so that environment remain in control.

I have been choosing the topic that I am interested for & put my submissions also. If you are careful enough in choosing between the words then for sure you also make your mind to work for good deeds & this is what I found the essential part that I keep coming to this site.

• Sign In to post your comments