You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

A sumptuous meal before fasting

Today Congress called for a one-day fasting programme at Rajghat to protest against alleged atrocities against Dalits and minorities. As far as various reports indicate, the Congress leaders scored three self-goals before, during andd after the token fast. The Congress President reached the venue two hours late, and the one-day fasting was converted to a four hours token fast. Two infamous Congress leaders who are known for their alleged atrocities against the Sikhs (yes, Sikhs are also minorities), were present in the dais just beside the Congress President.

But these two are secondary. The greatest self-goal is the viral photo of the sumptuous meal of chhole-bhature partaken by some of the top-level Congress leaders in a famous restaurant just before the fast. BJP did not wait for a single minute to upload the photo and video on various social media sites.

The Congress leaders haven't yet understood why people are laughing. After all, they were only taking standard 'chhole-bhature' with 'achar' (pickles) before the strenuous four-hour fasting.

Everything is BJP's conspiracy!
    The other day a video gone viral showing TN political leaders of ruling parties have Tahir Sadam, ie curd rice behind the fasting tent for the cauvery issue and the whole Tamil Nadu was shocked by that behavior. This incident and the Delhi fasting by Congress leaders once again proved that political leaders are habituated to luxurious living and cannot think of normal living by Aam aadmi even for one day and thus they goes for cheating spree by having good meal before so called fasting and sumptuous meals after the fasting being covered well by the electronic media. Damn with such attitude. Now a days every chance is seen by the opposition party workers to expose the atrocities and gimmicks of leaders and thus they are sharing videos and images immediately which goes viral all over.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Still if we don't get about to whom we need to vote for then we are proving ourselves as self destructive. Still we got to see so many supporters of India's oldest party then what would be the future of the our country.

No actions related to any development but just anything to remain in news. Pure nonsense.

it is the way of these leaders. Who asked them to go on a fast. Are they trying to cheat the public? I think the day has come that a lesson is to be taught to these type of leaders.
    When I was working in a company, the union decided to go on a relay fasting to get the demands of the workers. Everyday 4 workers used to sit for that. The fast is for 24 hours. One day night I have gone to check the alertness of the security around 12 Midnight. I have to go through the gate where these people were sitting for fasting. I observed those 4 people who are supposed to be fasting were eating chicken biryani obtained from a nearby mess. That is how these fastings will be observed.
    Definitely, these are gimmicks only and really no political leader suffer himself for the sake of citizens. I don't what is happening at AP Bhavan in Delhi where the YSRC resigned MPS are on fasting.

drrao
    always confident

1. The day-long fasting was converted to a four-hour long fasting.

2. When the fasting was against the atrocity on the minorities, then why did they allow these two controversial leaders to seat beside Congress President? Or doesn't the Congress President know their background?

3. Isn't it an insult to Mohandas Gandhi, by whose name they always swear?

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

It has become a matter of general knowledge that the political leaders are just leeches thriving by sucking blood of the voters. Still we go even to the extent of worshipping them in few cases. We have built temples in the name of few politicians and cry on their death like somebody in our immediate family has died.

They know our weaknesses and exploit us to the hilt. Taking stock of the situation of wealth of Mayawati, Lalu Prasad Yadav and such others will reveal few things

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It is true that the political parties are not able to fast for longer hours, because they have not fasted at their home. They have followed always a big meal and many of them have food fortunes of other people, so they do not know how to fast and parties who are having rivalry will always post such news in the social media. The public people will get chance to smile and debate on such topics. The Kerala MP Jose K Mani also witnessed such problems in the Kerala state. He announced for an unlimited day of fasting and after 3 hours he stopped the fasting by having coconut water. Political people are always fashioned to a great way of living and they can't think without having proper food. The Congress leader Rahul Gandhi cannot fast like Anna Hazare because their ideologies are different from the current perspective.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

This would be a welcome diversion for the BJP who have promptly cashed in. Political parties would now start having their own people and friendly channels who can feed them such embrassing goof-ups by the opposite parties.

I saw the pictures that came as a forward to me. Are these pictures genuine, if yes, then it's a shame. This is a typical case of 'do not preach what you practice'. For instance, you will see mobile phones to be swtiched off in the hospitals, but many doctors and staff would be checking their messages and answering personal calls.

I've replied in earlier threads on public figures that they are more intensely scrutinised now after the advent of social media. They should be extra careful and the party chiefs and leaders should ensure that common sense is used when planning such fasts or protests. I agree with the author, if this is being done in some park, it's different but doing this at Rajghat makes it even more embarrassing.

Today the Congress gave the explanation for your questions. They say that if a person makes mistake in the past, he must be given chance to correct himself and thus given a chance to sit with Party president.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The fast by the BJP is no different. According to the reports in the media, two BJP legislators were found 'breaking' their fast mid-way during an official meeting convened in Pune. The two M.L.A.s were filmed eating sandwiches and chips in the middle of their fast. One can understand feasting before fast but not feasting during fast. This is a new type of fasting to protest.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

It will not be out to place to mention here that generally most of the fasts are preceded or followed by sumptuous meals. I have seen that many people observing religious fasts specially prepare delicacies either for breaking the fast or even relish it during the fasts. Nowadays home delivery services are also available for such 'phalahari' though high calories deep fried or sweet dishes.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Enjoying delicacies immediately after a long fast is extremely dangerous for health. I have heard that Mohandas Gandhi used to break fast only taking orange juice. Even after breaking fast, he used to take very light food.

But delicacies after six hours of fasting may be medically permissible.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments