You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you like to travel and visit different places?

There are many of us who are interested in traveling and visiting different places in our country as well as abroad depending upon how much we can afford financially. We eagerly look towards vacations or short holidays to escape to nearby locations to enjoy as well as get rid of the monotony of life.

At the same time there are some people who do not like the hassles of traveling and staying at other places coupled with inconveniences encountered in travel and tours. They also avoid embarrassment of not getting proper reservations in trains and other associated unforeseen incidents. These people prefer to remain in their city or town even on holidays and at the most visit the local parks or temples.

What is your opinion on this? Do you like outings?
    Once upon a time, I was a frequent traveler. I traveled a lot all over India and very occassionally outside India. In fact, a travel bag used to be always ready for movement at very short notice. I visited many tourist spots and some other quiet spots very near to the tourist spots. For example, I was going to Darjeeling but suddenly got down at Ghoom (one station before Darjeeling) and spent a blissful day there. If my mood permits, I would write about that particular trip of mine.

Nowadays due to various reasons (most important of which is daughter's study), my movement has become very restricted. So, I give importance to short weekend trips. I also enjoy reading travelogues which are now readily available on various internet sites.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I travel whenever required. During my service period, I was required to travel to different places for official work within the jurisdiction of office of my posting. That way I have travelled extensively in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Assam though I have travelled on official duty within the state of West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura and Mizoram also. Other than that I have visited several other tourist places in India on personal visits.

Outside India, I have travelled to Dhaka in Bangladesh, London in UK and few places in USA thrice. Since it is not possible to mention all such places in this forum response, I would like to mention only few places like Agartala in Tripura, Aizawl in Mizoram, Manali in Himachal Pradesh and Jaisalmer in Rajasthan.

I like elaborate planning before travelling and generally remain free of usual hassles of travelling.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes, I enjoy to travel different place and eagerly wait for the vacation holidays. I always travel on the day train as like to enjoy my journey. I frequently travel or visit my nearby sightseeing areas on every weekend. It is a great adventure to travel and take the new experience of life.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I enjoy traveling. I traveled a lot nationally and internationally also. I had been to China twice, Thailand Twice, Japan, USA, Turkey, Korea, Singapore, Czech Republic, Amsterdam and Dubai once. I traveled almost all important places in India. I used to travel on official works very frequently. I used to keep a travel kit separately ready for caring with me whenever I go out. Even today I have the same kit to carry with me whenever I go to my native place.
    I traveled with my family also almost all South Indian pilgrim centers with family. Some important place in North India also I have visited with my family. Next month my wife and me are planning a tour covering Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri for 10 days.
    I always try to travel but I will plan my tour very well so that there will not be any problem in travel and at the places, we stop.

drrao
    always confident

I always prefer to go travel outings when I get free time from my busy scheduled work. It helps to break our mind from the office stress and we can put some time with our family. When we prefer for long places, the expenses will also be high. The petrol costs, cost of the food and accommodation for staying in that area will go high. I prefer to plan well in advance to make sure that nothing goes wrong on the day of traveling. Taking medical insurance on outings is also needed because we don't know what happens when we go for an outing. If any injuries happen, we need an insurance to cover it. People who do not travel are always worried about the expenses in life, so they can't go out with the family.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

We like to spend the school holidays with two trips and one short break a year whenever possible. Earlier we used to travel to hill stations or Kodaikanal or our native place. Now we like to travel to less crowded places and mostly prefer a wildlife trip wherein we get a chance to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life and also have some time of our own with mother nature.Once we are back to our homes, we try to go for a day trips to nearby places that are known for its temples or children's attractions. Earlier we used to pack a lot and carry heavy bags which become a tiresome task on day 2 and while moving from one place to another. Now we pack our backpacks, with some stores for emergency, purchase food and other items while we are on the move, it's a little expensive but worth not having to carry everything. Hopefully, next year our long awaited foreign tour would materialise.

I always like travelling no matter inside the city or out of station. I am thorough about the city as I travel not less than 80 to 100 kms daily and meet different cross section of the people. But instead of roaming inside the city, I like to go to villages abetting the twin cities, which are more developing and pose challenge to city lives. The people living in villages are most modern now and they have all the gadgets and even more than that what we have. For the people who are residing in the border of AP, they would go to Chennai and get new things for their homes. Like wise those who reside in Gulbarga and Raichur in Karnataka, would visit Hyderabad often and purchase their things.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments