You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Music

What’s the song that impressed you very much to feel something?

We are all moviegoers and music lovers. We also spend much of the time sitting before the TV. The movie songs influence us a lot and we try to heal our pain by listening to a good music. Apart from the regional language songs, we all have the affinity towards the Hindi songs.

A song from the Hindi movie "Lal Duppatta malmalkaa" - 'Kyaa karte the saajana...' was my favorite song which I used to hear twice a day. All the songs were sung by Anuradha Podwal and Udit Narayan, I think, and, of course, the movie didn't do well but it was a musical hit. Hope in this thread members will share their views with the best song they like the most.
    Right now I am listening to 'Ye safar bahoot hai kathin magar, na udas ho mere humsafar' sung by Sivaji Chattopadhyay with beautiful music by Late RD. Whenever I want to encourage myself (as my father is not present in Delhi), I listen to and hum this song.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

For me I like the instrumental music which must be soothing to my ears. I often hear accordion and electric guitar rendition by Sanjana and her husband about the song "O sajna", the old hindi song which was rendered very wonderfully by both the couples. And as regards to songs, I shall listen to Asha Bhonsle " Jara Holle Holle chalo mera saajna, Hum bhi peechay hain tumaray" and the music rendition was from OP Nayyar and in Tamil I often listen Madavan acted song " Enna Idhu, ennna Idhu enna vuravo...this song is without tabla and entire song goes with piano so nicely rendered by A R Rehman.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am a lover of Telugu movies and I always prefer watching a Telugu movie. K.Visvanath is a very prominent and well-known director in Telugu Cinema field who made many movies with music backdrop and almost all his movies are successful in the industry. I never miss his movies and his songs are really both music and literature were well balanced. I definitely hear at least one song from his movies daily.
    He made a movie called Sankarabharanam in Telugu and the songs. music and dialogues were second to none in that movie. In that movie, there is a song which explains the importance of Ragam, talam and Pallavi for a classical song. The song was written by Veturi Sundara Ramamurthy, tuned by KV Mahadevan and sung by SP Balasubrahmaniyam. The actor is JV Somayajulu and the dancer is Manju Bhargavi. The song so melodious and we will forget all our problems once you start hearing that song and I never miss any occasion of listening to that song.

drrao
    always confident

I am a lover of Shreya Ghoshal Song's. Her Song's are really good and I like the song "Yeh Ishq Hai". Her Malayalam songs are really good and also she is talented in other industries like Telugu and Bengali. Her Voice is too sweet which impress me much. Once we give some time to hear such songs, it releases the tension and stress.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

This is a cute thread. I listen to the latest tracks mostly. Among the old songs, I like the song "Tumse Naraz nahi zindagi" the most.
    Do what inspires you !!

It doesn't exactly comes under the definition of songs though it is a very popular musical hit.

Yes, these days we daily hear Hanuman Chalisa sung by Hari Om Sharan in the morning for about 1 hour. Believe me, it is not only a bhajan.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

My favourite songs are from the excellent Kannada movie Pallavi Anu Pallavi directed by ManiRatnam. The song Naguva Nayana Madhura Mouna sung by SPB and S Janaki with the melodious music by Illayaraaja is the best in the movie. If one understands Kannada or is a fan of SPB or Illayaraaja, please listen to it, you'll forget yourself of a couple of minutes. Although this is a movie from 1983, it still is liked by many people.

Music, really very interesting topic.Thank you so much, sir, for raising this topic.I am very much excited to share some of my interest regarding music and I am pretty sure that every human being would be a music lover. It's just that, some like western, some Hindustani and some spiritual like bhajans. Music is something which releases stress and makes a person more active. Well, I would like to share some of my favorite songs which are really awesome and I frequently used to listen. Hats off to every singer, lyricist, and composer and definitely the orchestra who are responsible for making these beautiful songs. "Pedave palikina matallone"Telegu song from Naani Movie is my all time favorite. "Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin" song sung by Sonu Nigam is one of the best songs.

Normally film songs of yester years are taken based on situations. So, the same is felt by us also when we fall in such situations and hearing the songs broadcasted somewhere. When I my brother's daughter born in the hospital, we heard a song, 'Ponmagal vandhaal' a tamil film song which means,'daughter with gold arrived' from somebody's radio.
    Similar sad situations also I felt many times.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.