What are the best practices of job hunt ?Job hunting is basically about job search or seeking employment. Normally, when we all are graduated, we start searching for jobs. Some of us are already placed through campus placements, while some of us need to look for job opportunities and we try different ways to find suitable core jobs in our field. Some of us switch our career from one field to the other, some of us prepare for the government sector.
Those who start job hunting in private sector sometimes go to job consultants to search for job opportunities and even pay them some fees, so that they could inform us about the new openings for fresher batches. We need to go through a very hectic time during our job search. With a pressure in our mind, when we will get a suitable work for ourselves. So, what are the best ways we should follow for job search:
1. The very first thing, be very clear about which field you would look for job opportunity either it is electronics or IT or civil..etc.
2. The second most important thing, the resume you prepare should clearly reflect your desired skills as per your job requirement. for example : if you are going for job in IT sector, create a special section for skills/languages, which clearly reflect the languages you know like C, Java etc.
Similarly, if someone is looking for a job in electronics should include the electronic skills like VLSI, integrated circuits and so on.
In a nutshell, your resume should reflect your area of job interest.
3. Once the resume is set up in the right format, start your job search through the right job portals like Naukri.com, monster.com, Timesjobs.com.
4. Keep updating your resume on an everyday basis on the job portals, to keep yourself updated with the most recent job options.
5. Also, there is one column in our resume, which says Assets, which describe your qualities, where you include about self-motivation and say, hard worker. Also include "Quick learner" as an asset, this helps the interviewer to undertsand that you have a quick learning ability of any tool or software which the company must have mentioned in the job description.
Keep trying until you succeed.
What others you think are the best practices for job hunting or in the resume formation? Do add your views here.