You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The Kathua episode brings tears to any human being.

The Kathua episode in Jammu&Kashmir, happened during January, this year. I am not giving any details of what happened because it was such a ghastly deed done to an eight-year-old girl and I don't have the heart to explain it here. The accused were arrested. The sad part apart from the crime is the support the accused are getting and the protests held by a section of people against the arrest. Two of the accused and arrested are police officers. Initially, there was an attempt to cover-up the case. When the Crime Branch Police came to the Court last Monday, to file the First Information Report, a group of lawyers did not allow them for a few hours to file the F.I.R. Some politicians are also openly supporting the accused. The innocent looking girl's photo will bring tears to anyone if he is a human being with any feelings. Now we have another episode in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh where a rape accused ruling party M.L.A. is protected for nearly one year and only today a case was filed against him after the High Court of Allahabad took suo-moto cognizance of the Unnao rape case. Where the country and its morals are going?
    The country has become a place for these kinds of deeds. Every crook will have the support of one or other parties support directly or indirectly. It is not the problem of a particular party or individual. This is a general problem with all the political partied in our country.
    The crooks will be getting protection and the common man will be suffering. I know one incident. A rich person who was in a senior position was driving a vehicle and made an accident and there was a severe injury to the victim. The driver was sitting in the back seat. This person escaped very intelligently bu convincing the driver and given his name as the driver. He offered some money to the driver. It may be a small case when we compare the issues mentioned by the author in the post. But Why I mentioned this is in our country if you have money power and political support you can walk around even after killing 100 people.
    How will this system change be the million dollars question?

drrao
    always confident

Kathua incident is a matter of shame for the country. Many people including intellectuals are vehemently protesting against this barbaric incident happened in January. Everybody is shedding tear for the girl named Asifa.

A similar incident happened in Assam on 23rd March, 2018. A fifth class Assamese girl in Nagaon district was brutally raped and set on fire by five perpetrators including two minors aged 10 years and 11 years. But nobody is shedding tear for that girl. Who knows why the intellectuals are so silent about this case!

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

The response is on the expected lines. All over the country, many heinous crimes are committed against children. In the Kathua incident, unfortunately, there are people supporting them and protesting against the arrest of the accused. For a biased mind, the difference will not be visible.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

These kinds of incidents are shameful for our country and the person who attempts these kinds of activities will get the support of such parties. Political parties always attempt to make problems for our normal people. Most of the people are poor people and the political parties tend to chart problems on the poor people. After few years we don't know what will happen to our country. Only a few people are having the moral and ethics to lead a life in their own way. Other people make problems and create nuisances.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

Day in day out many heinous crimes do happen but not known or reported. But when things like Kathua happens many get moved and over the course time every thing would be for gotten.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is a case not to be forgotten. The brutes who did this crime are getting support from the fanatic, hate-filled and anti-national elements in the society. The accused along with those supporting them are to be punished. These are the people who will destroy the country from within. I appreciate Mr. V.K.Singh who tweeted openly that "we have failed Asifa as humans. ...but she will not be denied justice."
    " Be Good and Do Good "

''This is a case not to be forgotten.''-Correct! Such heinous crimes must not be forgotten and the Nagaon incident will not be allowed to be forgotten. Incidentally, when the intellectuals were demanding justice in this case, another terrible incident of similar nature has happened in Bihar yesterday. But again in this case the intellectuals are silent.

Why, so selective silence and selective protest?

Why blame others when you yourself did not raise such an issue? Who prevented from doing that? Some people are habituated to find fault with others but they do not recognize their own failure. It was mentioned clearly why this a case is not to be forgotten. The accused are getting support from some fanatic animals in human disguise. Repeatedly countering gives a doubt about the intentions.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I raised the issues of Kathua, Nagaon and Bihar in appropriate platform. I expressed my outrage for all such incidents. I thought that raising such issues may not be appropriate in this platform because I may be given communal tag by some intellectual Members. My outrage is not selective like many other intellectuals.

I am also deeply concerned by the spate of rape cases in Assam where the victims are from a particular community and the perpetrators are from another particular community and by the wilful silence of media on these rape cases.

Gentlemen! Can we not discuss a very sensitive topic without getting at loggerheads with needless comments on each other's responses? In certain threads, friendly fire is fine in context, not here.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Another rape incidence has taken over by the media. Although the victim hardly have been receiving the peace & the compensation for throughout their life but few additions would make them suffer a lot. Most convincingly that we as a public don't feel the sympathy as this should have been the case. In the current forum we are discussing this but we are often got diverted either politically on religious basis that ME came for the interference. It's sad that we can't think ourselves over these. This remain as a news for us & there is a competition among us to show that we have more sympathy in contrast to others.

This become even more biased when politics comes in between & the same is the case here. Other political parties have also stood up along with poster actors of Bollywood industry. Media is already there since this all begun.

Do you have any understanding about how the victim would feel if the same queries raised for the representative of any news channels or the political parties. For me there has to be more than 20 news channels not including the political parties that victim has to make reply to. Being the victim myself I would rather go for a long sleep then keep reminding the incidence to each one those.

Shame on us.

We are becoming so insensitive. Vandana ma'am, sorry ( for posting this response just after your's) but I can't help questioning the attitude of Partha at #633524. I mean how can we become so addicted to a religion that instead of condemning and reacting to a social issue, we start looking at them religiously. It is more heinous than the crime and I do think that it is high time Partha shows that he is indeed knowledgeable. At the cost of being questioned, let me say because my mind demand so, Shame Partha! This is not the way!
    'Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance'. - George Bernard Shaw.

Ms. Vandana, in spite of your well-intentioned intervention, I cannot keep quiet when every incident is looked upon with a religious angle. Just see the face of the cute, innocent young girl. My heart bled when I read the F.I.R. and what that innocent girl had to suffer at the hands of the animals in human disguise. When comparisons are made by a respectable member from the religious angle, I could not keep silent from making a comment on his response. I feel sorry for the heartless people who look at everything from the religious angle.

Rape has no religion and this should be understood by everyone. Intellectuals have a duty to educate the people, especially the educated but yet uneducated.

" Be Good and Do Good "

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.