You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

All is well! All is well!

The famous Bollywood Hindi movie "3 Idiots" the lead actor of the film left a message for us to say "All is well, All is well" in difficult situations when things are not going right. This will not remove the problem but at least it will give us courage and thinking power to tackle the problem. At times this may also solve the problem. In summary, the message was to keep the positive frame of mind during tough times.

But movies and real life are different. When amidst difficulties I am not sure how many of us will be in a mood to say "All is well" when nothing is really well. So many problems and yet how can everything be well? I think it requires a lot of patience and stable mind to maintain the positive outlook in challenging situations which everyone cannot do. Another question is that by thinking or saying 'All is well" which means things are under our control will it really ease out tension and grief? Whatever we think and say may not always get implemented in our behavior. Can this also remove the difficulties as well as shown in the movie?

So do you think that this "All is well" approach propagated by the movie can do the trick in real life?
    Have you tried saying "All is well" to yourself ever and do you think it is practical?
    The situation in the movie is different. The person who is in difficulty is not in good condition and her existence is at stake. But the people around her tried to infuse confidence into her and do the needful. In this world what many people want will happen. This is popular notion is many people. In that situation in the movie, all around the person are her well-wishers and they want the patient to be alright.
    In real life also if somebody is in difficulty all his wellwishers should think that all is well. They should extend full support to justify their thinking at all is well. The person who is in actual difficulty should work on his strategy and complete the actions he has to take. While doing this they should be optimistic. If the surrounding people won't support you the difficulties will become more and more efforts are required from our side to come out of the woods.

drrao
    always confident

Have we ever felt the need for a rest, at least for a portion of a time? The subjected term or the quote has meant for that only. Although this doesn't let off of the actual burden but this allows you with a time to refresh yourself so that we could be able for a energized step with a reinstated energy filled up during this gap.

We often have observed that we tend to be busy with the religious activities because we do have some impression that this will help to eliminate the bad time or at least can reduce to smaller portions so that we can overcome this easily. But this remains as a perception as the things keeps on moving & gets settled by itself. Although our efforts also adds to this.

The concept behind the phrase 'All is Well' is much older than the movie 'Three Idiots'.

We have to believe in 'All is Well' philosophy as there is no other option available to remain sane. We find solace in believing that whatever is happening is best as the God is the controlling authority.

The great actor Amitabh Bachchan often quotes that his father Harivansh Rai Bachchan always used to tell him -

'Man ka ho toh achcha .... na ho toh zyaada achcha,
    kyun ki phir wo Ishwar ke man ka hota hai, aur Ishwar aap ka hamesha achcha chahega'.

The above Hindi sentence roughly translates in English as follows -

If things happen according to your will ,it's good.
    But if things do not happen according to your will ,then it's even more better.
    Because, then things will happen according to God's will and God will always want your good.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The concept of all is well is based on the assumption that if the mind is assured that all is well, then the person does not panic and develops the self-confidence to facing tough situations or difficulties.

All is well certainly, helps in the beginning, but if one is unrealistic and relies more on all is well and forget to find ways and means to overcome his/her problems, then it becomes a hindrance. The best example is our politicians, who keep reassuring us that all is well even when there are glaring issues of major impact. Take for instance, the ATM cash crisis, an audit report claims that the estimated currency shortage is at Rs 70,000 crores, while the government said its around Rs 25,000 crores.

In practical terms, I think all is well should be replaced by all will be well because this is truer. We all face difficulties but most of them pass on with time, with our efforts, with support from friends and family. T

Well I never said to myself as to all is well taking cue from the famed Hindi movie. Instead I always said to me and even advised others that " Even this worst phase would surpass" In fact by forum footer also says so. Instead of all is well my principle sentence seems to be more impressive and gives lots of confidence to those who are on the verge of collapse when they face series of setbacks and punches in life to which ordinary citizens are not accustomed nor they have the courage to face. But every problem has the solution and can subsidize the effect of it slowly. However there is no all is well situation in every ones life as of now.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments