You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Quiz & Puzzles

Alphabetical Quick Quiz: Movements - test your vocab, win prizes!

At any moment of our life, there is some movement (even in a still pose of yoga we are breathing!) Let's check your vocabulary skills, then, on the movements we do.

What you have to do: Given below is an attachment of a list of 26 clues, each describing a specific movement/motion. The answers are in alphabetical order. That is, the first answer begins with the letter A, the second answer with the letter B, the third with the letter C and so on. Send me a list of the answers to my Gmail ID which is 'iscmecontests'. Do not submit answers in this thread. Put in the subject line of the email 'Movement Quiz'.

Only one entry per member is allowed. So if you send me a second email with another list of answers, it will not be considered. Please do not send an attachment as I will not be responsible if it does not open. Send the answers in the text itself. You can send the list as it is, with the answers next to it or even just the answers, but do send it in the correct order. Leave a blank if you do not know the answer.

After you send me the answers, put a response in this thread so that I can confirm if I have received it & to enable me to later credit points & cc for correct answers.

Important: In your response to this thread, do not give any hint about which word was easy or which was tough. Answers should match my answer key. No disputes on this will be encouraged. The decision on the winners will be final & binding on all.

Prizes: The member who gets the maximum correct answers will be awarded Rs.150/-. In case of a tie, the first two members who got the maximum right will each win this cash prize. Next in line will get Rs.100/-, Rs.75/- and Rs.50/-. Note that at least a minimum of 10 answers and upwards should be correct for the cash prizes. If nobody gets at least 10 right, then the amount of all the cash awards will be reduced, but cash prizes will definitely be given.

All participants (including winners) will get 2 points and Rs.2/- for each correct answer. In case of a pair of words being the answer, if you get one word right you will get 1 point and 1cc. No negative marking! In case there has been an error in the number of letters given for a word, then a default point of 2 will be given to all.

Go on & send me your answers...get moving!

The closing time of receipt of entries: 4p.m., 15th April 2018 (IST). Entries in my email inbox received after this time will be considered invalid.
  • Alphabetical Quick Quiz_Movements (158499-1-Alphabetical-Quick-Quiz_Movements.doc)
    I have emailed you the answers.

Neethu,

I have received your answers. That was a quick submission!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Hi Vandana,

I have sent my answers to this very interesting quiz.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Respected Madam,

I have sent my humble attempt at 9.21 p.m. Kindly acknowledge. I find the quiz challenging, especially the easier ones.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I had also sent my answers to the designated email ID.

I have sent my answers to your e-mail id as said in the post.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I have emailed my answer. Please acknowledge the same.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Respected Madam, I have emailed my answers. Kindly acknowledge the same.

I have just sent in my response madam.

Madam,
    I have mailed my answer to your e-mail ID at 2200 hrs today. Kindly confirm receipt.

No life without Sun

I too have mailed you my answers.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I have sent my answers to your e-mail id.

Hello Vandana Mam,
    I have sent my answers to the given mail id. Kindly acknowledge.

Regards
    Rizwan

The Managing Editor,
    This is to inform you that I have sent my answers to the email address given in the above post. I request you to acknowledge the receipt of the same. I request you to inform before 4 PM so that if you have not received, I can send again.

drrao
    always confident

Dear ME,
    Answers sent through email. Please acknowledge.
    Thanking you.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Respected ME,
    Would appreciate if you acknowledge the receipt of e-mails from members to facilitate resending of the mails before 4.p.m. if not received by you by (1300 hrs).

No life without Sun

I had Net connectivity problems today so could not reply earlier. I have received the answers of all who have responded so far in this thread. The total number of participants so far is 14.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have sent you the answers now. check and verify it.
    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

Ajai B Maliackal,

I have received your entry.

I would like to request members not to discuss the answers after the contest closes. Wait till the answer key is revealed along with the names of the winners. However, I will post a little questionnaire on this quiz which I would like participants to answer after the contest closes.

Sent my answers.
    Live life Kingsize!

Just in sent my entry. Quite interesting but there is a delay on my part in noticing the announcement thread.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

A quick announcement and closing time.
    I missed this contest as week offs are off for me to work at ISC.
    All the best to the participants for the results!
    I gave a try and have saved my answers with me to cross check when the result gets announced.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum