You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

National Film Awards have been announced

Yesterday the National Film Awards have been announced by Shekhar Kapur, the head of the Jury for feature films. I am very happy to note that the films of the eastern part of the country, i.e., Bengali, Assamese and Oriya films have bagged many awards. Some of the important awards are mentioned below:-

1. Late Vinod Khanna has been awarded Dada Saheb Phalke Award posthumously.
    2. Jayaraj is the best Director for the film Bhayanakam in Malayalam.
    3. The best feature film is Village Rockstars in Assamese.
    4. The best male actor award has been bagged by Ridhhi Sen for his acting in Nagar Kirtan in Bengali.
    5. Late Sri Devi has been posthumously awarded the best female actor award for her acting in Mom (Hindi).
    6. The best supporting actor is Fahadh Faasil, a Malayalam actor, and the best supporting actress is Divya Dutta in Irada (Hindi).
    7. The best action direction award has been bagged by Baahubali 2 in Telugu.
    8. The best choreography award has been bagged by Ganesh Acharya for Toilet Ek Prem Katha.
    9. The best film for national integration is Dhappa (Marathi).
    10. The best children's film is Mhorkya (Marathi) and the best child actor is Bhanita Das for Village Rockstars (Assamese).
    11. Special Jury Award has been bagged by Nagar Kirtan (Bengali).
    12. Some of the films which have been specially mentioned are Mhorkya (Marathi), Hello RC (Oriya) and Pankaj Tripathi for Newton in Hindi.

Let's congratulate the winners of the prestigious National Awards.
    Hearty Congrats to all the winners of National film awards this time. Malayalam, Hindi and Bengali films were dominated this time for the awards and Tamil has no mention.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Perhaps the jury of the national film awards is always under pressure to contribute for national integration and include the films of other languages also in the award list. Perhaps that day is not far away when awards will be granted keeping in mind the forthcoming assembly elections also.

However, most of the film makers of Hindi films and films made in south India focus on box office collections and with that in mind make masala films.

There had been allegations regarding bias in selecting films for awards in the past and few noteworthy actors and actresses could never make it to the podium.

Vinod Khanna’s selection for prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke award appears to be inspired by his BJP career.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Congratulations to all the award winners. At any award or prize selection, there would be some questions raised.

@Kailash Kumar. Just my thoughts. I feel if someone has been awarded a prize or an accolade posthumously, it would be inappropriate to mar it by questioning were they worth it.

Congratulations to all the award winners. Sridevi getting the award for Best Actress posthumously is very noteworthy and really it is an honour to the departed soul. I am very happy that Bahubali 2 got two awards and at least we should see the name of Telugus in the beneficiaries list. I also consider the award given to Sridevi is also an honour to Telugu Lady.
    drrao
    always confident

#633614 - There had been controversies even in the award of Bharat Ratna posthumously.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

1. With due respect to Late Vinod Khanna, I also feel that there are many more deserving candidates to get this prestigious award. But I don't know whether the late actor got this award for his association with BJP, or not. Then why not Anupam Kherr, Kiran Kherr or Hema Malini?

2. From the directorial point of view, from the story-telling point of view, from the acting point of view and from editing, camera placement and giving a social message by the film, Hindi commercial films still lag many miles behind the Bengali, Assamese, Oriya and Marathi films.

3.Even then Hindi films named Toilet-Ek Prem Katha, Newton and Irada got some awards.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

• Sign In to post your comments