You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Yogi government withdraws case of rape against Swami Chinmayananda.

"Beti Bachao" is the slogan of the present government of BJP. Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, initiated withdrawal of rape and kidnapping case against Swami Chinmayananda. Swami Chinmayananda is a former Minister of State in Atalji cabinet. A case of rape and kidnapping was filed by a woman in Kotwali police station in November 2011. Swami Chinmayananda obtained a stay order from arrest. Since then the case is pending without any investigation. Now Yogi Adityanath government filed for the withdrawal of the case which will be decided by the court. The woman who filed the case wrote to the President, Chief Justice of India and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath objecting the withdrawal of the case. This is how the "Beti Bachao" is implemented in the BJP administered government. A Yogi or Sadhu is revered person in the Hindu religion who is supposed to stand for Dharma.
    For a while keep aside the decision of Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, initiated withdrawal of rape and kidnapping case against Swami Chinmayananda. The incident happened in 2011 when BJP was not in power. The erstwhile government and the law enforcing agencies should have prompted investigations and must booked the culprit. There seems to be no evidence in the case which has been pending since 7 years and this Yogi government sought withdrawal of the case. Nothing wrong in it. We should also probe the issues which appear before us and throw our own reactions on it.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't know why the case was pending so many years. From 2011 to 2018 almost 7 years gone. Why the previous UP governments have not insisted for the completion of the case as early as possible. The matter is in the court, I think at this juncture we can't comment anyway on this issue. The court will go ahead and decide as deemed fit. A yogi is supposed to be above all these worldly luxurious and issues and should strive for eternal peace and should spread dharma in the world. But these days how many of these yogis are really seeking moksha. I don't know.
    drrao
    always confident

We do not have the details of what the truth is in this case. The issue happened in 2011 and the person concerned had been in the ashram for many years. So, it would be difficult to comment. It doesn't matter if he was a union minister, BJP, Congress etc. If there is evidence, then justice needs to be done. The investigating authority can file for a stay or re-initiate proceedings if it has evidence.

Swami Chinmayanand had won parliamentary seats three times, in 1991 from Badaun, in 1998 from Machhlishahr and in 1999 from Jaunpur. Also he was appointed the MoS for internal security in Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.

Sometime back the Yogi government had announced to withdraw about 20000 cases of political nature. He had drew flak also for his decision to withdraw 131 cases related to 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots.

The case against Swami Chinmayanand is being withdrawn under action 321 of the Criminal Procedure Code which allows a government lawyer to withdraw the case with the consent of the court before judgement is pronounced.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

As far as I know, the case was pending for almost 7 years and there has not been any progress by the successive state governments in this case. So, the present State Government of UP has withdrawn the case under Section 321 of CPC. The post mentions withdrawal of the case, but does not mention the reason behind it. Not unexpected though.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• Sign In to post your comments