You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Alphabetical Quick Quiz: Movements - a quick survey

I request the 17 participants of the Alphabetical Quick Quiz: Movements to answer a short questionnaire:
    1. Which was the easiest clue to answer? Clue No._______
    2. Which was the most difficult clue to answer? Clue No.________
    3. Did you work on the quiz with family members/friends? (i) Yes, asked many of the clues; (ii) Yes, asked some of the clues; (iii) No, worked on it entirely on my own.
    4. Did you seek the help of the Net to find out a possible answer or to confirm what you thought was the right answer? Yes/No.
    5. Irrespective of whether your answer is correct or not, do you feel that this quiz helped you to increase your vocabulary? Yes/No.
    6. Would you be interested in participating in more such quizzes? Yes/No.

Those who did not participate can also have a go & try to solve the quiz (of course, no points & cc or prizes) and can then answer this questionnaire.

One mistake on my part in the quiz & apologies for that: In my own answer key list, I had put a partially incorrect answer for No.9. I had put it as Ice Skating instead of Ice Hockey (the sport in which a puck is used.) I realized my mistake on seeing the answer submitted by Juana. I've been watching too many YouTube videos of ice skating of the Winter Olympics!! So, since the error was mine and the no. of letters I gave was incorrect, as per the annoucement, I am giving everyone who gave ice skating as the answer default points of 2 & 2 cc. I will reveal the other answers only later, on announcing the winners.

For now, just answer the above questionnaire & do not discuss the other answers.
    My reply:-
    1. I found question numbers 3,6,8,10, 12,15,22,23 very easy.
    2. I found question numbers 19,26 very tough.
    3. Yes, I took help from my daughter.
    4. Net or dictionary was not helpful.
    5. Marginally yes.
    6. Yes.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

1. 22
    2. 9
    3. iii
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Overall I found the quiz interesting and My answers to the questions given in the survey are as follows.
    1.The questions having numbers 8,10,12,15 and 22 are found very easy.
    2.I have taken more time to question no 21.
    3. I had a discussion with my two sons.
    4. In one or two cases I used this.
    5. Yes. There is an advantage of vocabulary improvement by participating in this quiz.
    6. Yes. Interested in participating in such programmes.

drrao
    always confident

My reply to the questionnaire is as follows

1. 3
    2. 20
    3. Iii
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

My reply:-
    1. The questions 1,3,4,7,11,15 to 18 & 22 to 25 were easy for me and answered without a wait.
    2. 2,8,19,21 and 26 were very tough and I couldn't attempt.
    3. No help from anyone.
    4. Net or dictionary could not help but the answer of Q 13, I could derive from net search.
    5. Yes.
    6. Yes.
    Honestly, I didn't follow the pinned threads and I was not aware of the Quiz announcement. At 3.15 PM only I realised about and went straight away to respond via mobile as power cut was there. So, I didn't make any serious effort for the unknown answers and left them blank. It was a nice handling of the Quiz and a big applause for ME.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Indeed, a quite interesting quiz.

1. Q. 24 (X)
    2. Q.4(D)
    3. (iii)
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes

No life without Sun

1. All those where my answers are correct were easy ones.
    2. Especially 9 & 26. made lot of confusion to me. 19 too confused me as I had more than one solution which suited the umber of letters
    3. No. I just did not have the time, because I logged in late, and so just wanted to send answers fast without bothering much.
    4. For one answer I surfed the net. But even then I am not sure whether my answer is correct. I did not know the exact word or phrase for searching that.
    5. Yes,when I will be seeing the correct answers and compare my answers.
    6.Yes.

Please find below my response.
    1. 2, 3, 4, and 22 were very easy for me.
    2. 21
    3. No, before I could ask them I completed writing the answers.
    4. Yes, for few.
    5. Yes, to some extent.
    6. Yes, definitely.

Regards
    Rizwan

1. among all I think 24th was the easiest
    2. . 19, 26th were the hardest
    3. (iii) No, worked on it entirely on my own.
    4. No.
    5. Yes, Definitely
    6. Yes

1. 1.
    2. 26.
    3. iii
    4. No.
    5. Yes.
    6. Yes. Very much.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My survey answers are:
    1. The easiest clue was 14.
    2. The hardiest clue was 12.
    3. Yes, I and my son Aliasgar worked together to find the answers.
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes
    Really very interesting quiz and hope you will conduct such more quizzes on summer vacation. Thanks, ME.

Honesty is the best policy.

3.(ii)
    5.Yes
    6.Yes, certianly.
    The arrangement in alphabetical orders, helped a lot to narrow down on the correct word. During the final check, this helped a lot, Maybe next time we can jumble it up.

Natarajan,

Based on your suggestion to jumble it up, I got a unique idea for the next alphabetical quiz. Let's make it a little tougher!!

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks Vandana Ji,

1. I cannot judge
    2. Same as 1.
    3.Self only
    4. For the questions 8 and 19 I referred Dictionary and for U and Y I have to go through Net, but I could not get it directly but some clue only got it.
    5.Very interesting quiz, it helped me.
    6.But next time if it is jumbled up, maybe members like me will have some difficulty.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Thanks, everyone for your input. Am working on a draft for the next quiz & will try to schedule it for 12th May.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.