You must Sign In to post a response.
We have an outright winner of the Alphabetical Quiz! Check out who got all 26 answers spot on & applaud all the other winners too.
  • Category: Winners

Alphabetical Quick Quiz: Movements - answer key, points tally & winners

The answer key of the Alphabetical Quick Quiz: Movements & points for each is -
    Applauding (10) - 2
    Blinking (8) - 2
    Cycling(7) - 2
    Dancing (7) - 2
    Examining (9) - 3
    Fast Bowling (4, 7) - 1,1
    Gliding (7) - 2
    Horse Riding (5, 6) - 1,1
    Ice Skating (3, 7) - [I had made a mistake here - it is ice hockey-3, 6 so everyone gets default 2 points]
    Jumping (7) - 2
    Kneeling (8) - 2
    Laughing (8) - 2
    Migrating (9) - 2
    Nesting (7) - 2
    Oscillating (11) - 4
    Parachuting (11) - 2
    Queuing Up (7, 2) - 1,1
    Repairing (9) - 2
    Stirring (8)- 2
    Tumbling Down (8, 4) - 1,1
    Ushering (8) - 4
    Voting (6) - 2
    Wicketkeeping (13) - 2
    Xeroxing (8) - 2
    Yelling (7) - 2
    Zip Lining (3, 6) - 5
    -------------------------
    Total points = 60
    -------------------------
    Points tally of participants (in the order of receipt of their entries at my email:
    1. Neethu: 42
    2. Juana: 59
    3. Partha: 60
    4. Venkiteswaran: 40
    5. Saroja: 48
    6. Hakimuddin: 56
    7. Aliasgar: 56
    8. Natarajan: 59
    9. Sun: 49
    10. Aditya Mohan: 54
    11. Bala: 54
    12. Syed Rizwan: 56
    13. Dr. N.V. Srinivasa RaoRao: 55
    14. Kailash Kumar: 56
    15. Ajay B Maliackal: 36
    16. Joyshree: 56
    17. Jagdish: 36
    ---------------------------
    As can be seen from the above points tally, we did get one member submitting all 26 answers right! And the winner is...Partha, who bags the first prize of Rs.150/-. Congratulations!

The second prize winner with a cash award of Rs.100/- is Juana.

Natarajan gets the third prize of Rs.75/- and Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala bags the fourth prize of Rs.50/-. Congrats all of you!

Important: Please check your points tally and let me know within 2 days if there is any error. I will then check again before the points & cc as announced are credited to the winner as well as all participants.
    Feedback: Regarding point no. 20, the exact words in the original rhyme are 'tumbling after' which is a (7, 5) words combination, though in the quiz, (7, 4) combination was given a clue.

However, my heartiest congratulations to the winners - Partha, Juana, Natarajan and Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Best wishes my heartiest congratulations to the winners of Quick Quiz - Partha, Juana, Natarajan and Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala. Great to see good participation from members.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations to all the winners and the participants of this excellent quiz. @ Mr.Kailash Kumar. I've made the same mistake for Question:20, answered as 'tumbling after' without realizing, the clue was 8,4, not 8,5.

#634122 - I had pointed out this fact in my answer mail also sent to ME but I had given answers based on the given clue as one of the condition of quizz was that the answers should tally with the answers kept with ME.

Let us wait for opinion of ME/Admin.

My hearty congratulations to Mr Partha, Juana Mam, Mr Natarajan and Mr Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for being declared as the winners of the Alphabetical Quick quiz contest. As I expected, I made one mistake and all other answers are matching with mine. Really an interesting contest though. I would be interested to see more of this in future.
    Regards
    Rizwan

#634125- There's no need for the ME to opine. I had made a mistake in the entry. I'm happy with the results.Thanks.

Congratulations to the winners. You deserve it.

I feel that had I shown little patience and thought properly the clue and answer,probably I could have fared better.
    But no issues. It was fun and an opportunity to review ourselves.

To ME: On comparison of answers, I feel my score will be 42 plus 2 if the default is given everyone including me. Then my score will be 44. Anyway you may verify again.

My heartiest congratulations to all the top scorers and prize winners of this Quick Quiz Contest. This quiz has helped me to learn many words of movements. My Special appreciation to our beloved ME for organizing such a wonderful contest. I humbly request our honorable ME to organize such contests once in a quarter.

Partha,
    Keep it up. You are THE Best.

No life without Sun

My heartiest congratulations to Partha, Juana and Natarajan for winning Alphabetical quick quiz. I also want to thank all the members for their best wishes.
    Thanks to ME for conducting such a nice quiz and also waiting for such types of the quiz in future.

Honesty is the best policy.

congratulations to all the winners. Queuing Up is the answer as per the key. But I have made it queuing in which made me lose one mark. However no regrets. I am happy with my performance. Good quiz which helped us to improve some vocabulary in English. My appreciations to ME for conducting a good quiz very fast and very nicely. I hope we will be getting many more quizzes like this in the coming days.
    drrao
    always confident

Before this thread is locked, I expect ME to respond to point raised by me.

She had taken note of point raised by author Juana, in case of another query. Therefore, I expect that she will elucidate my point also.

Congratulation Mr. Partha for winning the unique contest that too not only by scoring the highest points but also by scoring full points. I also congratulate M.s Juana, Mr. Natarajan and Mr. Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for securing their respective positions.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Venkiteswaran - I will add the extra 2 points to no.9 for you & the others who gave incorrect answers as I had said I would do so & update the points tally in the text above. You will not be given points for answers where you gave more than one answer. You are supposed to give only one answer and not expect the quiz conductor to select the option from your answers like it is for an MCQ test!

Kailash Kumar - with reference to your response #634172 - I did not say Juana had raised any point. With reference to your point, the answer was to be given related to the movement & not to the literal word in the rhyme. You are also requested: (i) send the answers only to the email ID given for contests as per instructions clearly stated & not also to my other email ID. What is the need to send to both IDs? Henceforth if you do so, your entry will be disqualified; (ii) do not mark answers in colour with highlights.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

#634190 - Your instructions are alright but what about the real issue?

We knew and referred the original rhyme Jack and Jill and got confused due to different clue given by you by your own mistake . It is not expected that you will change the exact words of the rhythm.

Please consider awarding 2 points to each of the participants as in the case of quiz no. 9.

Mr Kailash, having given the correct answer, it is not understood why you are insisting on a clarification from the ME. Further, she has already answered your query at #634190 by clearly saying "With reference to your point, the answer was to be given related to the movement & not to the literal word in the rhyme." Please note that the question was, 'what happened to poor Jill in the nursery rhyme'.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

I find that I somehow managed to get the first prize. Now I admit that I got assistance from my daughter who helped me to get the answer in respect of No. 1 (she was partly correct), No. 4 and No. 26. So, around 12.5% of the prize money will go to her. So far as Ice Hockey is concerned, I did understand that the clue was not correct, but to end the second word with 'ing', I wrote Ice Skating. But I had lots of problems to find Stirring. This word delayed my answer by at least 45 minutes.

My sincere congratulations to Ms. Juana, Mr. Natarajan, Mr. Hakimuddin, the other winners of the contest. All the participants did well. Madam ME conducted this quiz in an excellent manner except one small mistake.

Now eagerly waiting for the prize money.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Mr. Kailash,
    The same rhyme confused me too. I was also wondering to see the tumbling after. However, I made up my mind to say it as tumbling down to match the number. Because Jill tumbled down after the jack . For the quiz, tumbling down is the correct answer.

No life without Sun

Congratulations to all the winners!!
    It was indeed an interesting quiz to participate.

Hearty congratulations to Partha, Juana, Natarajan and Hakimuddin for winning the Alphabetical Quick Quiz contest! Way to go friends. I would also like to register my word of appreciation to all the participants of this not-so-easy quiz contest.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

All participants including the winners should get the points and cc for correct answers as per the announcement. But so far points and CC were not added to my account. I think it will be done shortly.
    drrao
    always confident

Hearty congratulations to the participants and the winners of key points. Unfortunately, I missed this week for many contests.

Dr. Rao,

It will be done today. I was waiting for other participants to confirm if there was any error in the points' tally.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Madam ME,
    Kindly credit all the due CC to my account at the earliest before the end of this month. I am running short of Rs. 2/- to be eligible for my payment on 1st May. As on date, my credit balance is Rs.698/-

No life without Sun

Sun,

Read response #634478. I and other editors are fully aware that members are eager to be eligible for payment at month end and always put in our best efforts to complete as many edits as possible by then. So also with awards & rewards. Learn to trust!

Vandana,
    I have complete faith and trust in ISC. That's the reason I am here for the last seven years and one month(24.3.2011 to 24.4.2018). Since we are nearing the month's end, I thought our good ME or editors might go on leave, or the computer might have connectivity problem etc etc. Hence, like a child member I cried and tried to get the CC added before the month end. I got it now. VMT.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.