You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Forgot to edit an article written in December 2017

Dear Team,

I noticed today itself that one of my articles written in December 2017 had been sent to pending as I had not updated certain bits of information. I noticed it only today, 4 months later.

Please find below the link to the article:

Admission to B Tech Course at Manipal Institute of Technology

I also noticed on the official website that there are some updates that I can put up on the current article, although the exam has been accomplished on the 10th April.

I request for suggestions about whether I should update this pending article now?
    Inspired Honesty,

Yes, you can update the article as confirmed by the Webmasters. In my personal opinion, though, frankly, it makes no sense to update articles which do not fetch traffic. It would have been better to have posted it afresh when the applications were open.

Important note: The Webmasters will no longer allow odd user ID names so please change yours. Refer: Name Change Policy.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

As a author when we post a article which must keep tow as to what has happened or whether some additions or deletions are required so that the submitted articles would approved. Please follow as said by ME.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

@Vandana Ji - I prefer to not use my name as the display name. Can I request you to suggest a suitable name?
    --

With Warm Regards
    Inspired Honesty

Mr. Honesty: I am sorry nobody would be able to help you in this regard. You have to chose your own name. The ME would see whether your preferred name is acceptable as per the policy of the site, or not.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

What I suggest that when you have decided to write articles for this esteemed site, please come with your original name as in future these articles would fetch you Google adsense for which original submission is must.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Two observations on the name change policy:
    It states:
    What names are not allowed?
    An offensive word(s) cannot be used as a name(s). Any name which hurts the sentiments of anyone else will not be allowed. Avoid silly, funny names as well.

Further, it says:
    Please do not ask which name will be adjudged as funny, silly, inappropriate, offensive, etc. As is stated in the text of the rules, the Webmasters will decide on a name's validity.

I observe that neither my name is offensive nor is it silly. And Vandana Ji says that if the Webmaster's find it invalid, I will be notified. I will thus wait to be notified.

--

With Warm Regards
    Inspired Honesty

• Sign In to post your comments