You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Madurai shri Meenakshi Amman celestial marriage is today

Madurai goddess shri meenakshi Amman's celestial marriage is celebrated in a grand manner at Madurai by Meenakshi temple authorities with fullest cooperation of madurai people. For this free marriage feast is offered to nearly one lakh people at a grand shed arranged in sethupathi high school. Many public are participating in vegetable cutting and cooking for this purpose volunteerly. More 50000 prasada bags are being offered to public. Doordarshan is broadcasting live of the marriage. The entire programme can be viewed in www.ddkmadurai.in.blockspot.
    Photos of this function is attached

Delete Attachment

Yesterday pattabishekam of Shri Meenakshi. Photo is attached

Delete Attachment

Thanks to the author for appending the information. The photo says that Goddess has been adorned by diamonds on this occasion which makes great reverence.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Madhura Meenakshi is a very famous and powerful Goddess. We will get astonished feel very satisfied once we have her darshan in the temple. I am lucky to have the Darshan during my trip to South India two years back. It is very good to note that today they perform Kalyanam in that pilgrim centre. Viewing this auspicious event directly is very lucky and the people of Mathura are blessed with this. On this auspicious occasion, I pray the Goddess Meenakshi for her kind looks on this society so that we all will have good times in future. Thanks to the author for sharing the information and photos.
    drrao
    always confident

But why such festivities are not getting the live telecast on the television. Even Thirusoor Pooram festival which has happened in grand scale was not shown live in many channels.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan sir,it is pity to state even newspapers are not giving details of such great temples except some local editions. As for as this Meenakshi kalyanam and other chitra festival programmes are live telecast in DD pothigai and Sankara TV daily at 7.00 pm

I had stayed in Madurai for about three years some thirty six years back. So I had witnessed the festival.
    One thing I noted then was, that many of the shops we used to see on other days used to disappear during the Chithirai Festival and many Mandapams where pilgrims get to rest are visible.It used to be a flood of pilgrims coming from all over Tamil Nadu and especially from the many hundred villages around Madurai and nearby districts.
    There used to be frenzy of faith and belief in the people even to have a fleeting glance of the idols taken out on procession. The event of 'Azhagar Aattril Irangal"- Lord Azhagar to reach the Vaigai river also was a very crowd pulling event.

The government used to have the Summer exhibitions"Chithirai porulkaatchi" during this period. So it is a very good time for people to visit Madurai. Only if one likes crowd, crowd and crowd.
    I am not update on how it is now.
    But then, magazines and newspapers used to give prominence and use to have special colour supplements. Now a days channels like Sankara TV show live telecasts and extensive reports.

• Sign In to post your comments