You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Suggestion: We should have our website/Blog link in our profile

Dear Admin of ISC,

The India Study Channel has come a long way since it started. This 1st of July, ISC will complete its 11th year. There is no doubt that we all are very happy and proud to associate with this site. At this junction, I have a humble request from the admin that like other websites, we (the members) too should allow us to provide the link to our personal website or Blog. So far the other websites links were not allowed unless it really needed. I am sure, this will only help ISC and its member to grow together.

It may be in profile page or forum footer, it will be great if we allow linking our personal site with the ISC. Member too can put forth their views on this matter.
    Jeet Singh,

Your suggestion has been forwarded to the admin.

As far as I am aware, the admin does not allow such links due to spammers taking advantage of it and also posting links to inappropriate sites. Maybe, with prior permission from the admin., the URL in the text format of a genuine blog/site can be allowed.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thank you Vandana the ME of ISC.

One request ME, I am neither new member nor stranger for the ISC members or admin. So, I would be very happy if the admin and you kindly call me by first name "Jeet" only. This is how I am known by my friends and family and it will feel me like a family member of ISC.

Thanks in advance.

Jeet,

We will look into this. I think this is feasible. In order to limit abuse, we may limit this benefit only to senior/active members.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thank you so much Tony Sir.

Good suggestion from the senior member and ably responded by the webmaster Tony. If seniors are allowed to display their personal blog surely it will be added advantage for us.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Good that there is a positive response from the top man of the site. I hope some people get benefitted if this is allowed.
    drrao
    always confident

A nice thought that can be useful to develop the presence of the ISC member.

The concern of misuse raised by the ME is valid. Most of us would stick to the do's but even in forum we see new registrations only to post a commercial service and then become inactive.
    Many trusted sites, when clicked on other links, will have a pop up message ' you have been directed to an external site. XYZ is not liable for the contents etc'. Maybe we can have a similar link message and a hefty penalty for misuse for those who do not adhere to the guidelines.

A good thought and welcome proposal from Jeets. A good recommendation from our beloved Managing Editor. A positive node from our respecful Boss Mr. Tony John. No doubt, I am sure, the blog of senior active members will be linked with ISC.
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.