You must Sign In to post a response.
Ever written a story with specific words and names? Here's your opportunity to apply your mind and do so! Write a charming short story as per the instructions given & submit latest by 14th May 2018.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Place the words, write a story, win a prize!

This contest incorporates a slightly different method to write a creative charming short story based on the words submitted by members (I have not selected repeated words). At the end of your story, give a link to this announcement thread.

The story should be as follows -
    1. Include any one of these words in the title: what, who, how, why.

Overall, the total number of the words in the title should not exceed 7.

2. The very first word of the story should begin with any one of these words: happy, proud, contentment, kindness, joyful, smile, fun, glad,

You can use the word in any grammar format (e.g. happy as happily/proud as pride).

3. Select any one of these names to be given to a residential/commercial establishment (e.g. a house, a resort, etc) which features in your story, but not to a character in the story: Muruga, Hussain, Vijay, Vanamali, Ritvitz, Saravanan, Jojo, Kranti, Anamika, Ekadanth.

4. Relevant to the story, include any one of these aspects of nature: air, lake, space, serene, life, rain, green, sea, sun, solitude, mystery.

5. The very last ending word of the story should be any one of these words: yes, satisfy, yahooooo, good, parent, smile, comprehend, done, sincere, thanks, love.

Update on 9th May: Like the first word, you can use the ending word also in any grammar format.

Rules:
    1. The short story should be written in English as per what has been stated above, with minimum 350 words and maximum 500 words.
    2. It should be a charming story, something delightful and heart-warming.
    3. Only one entry per member is allowed. Submit your story in: Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Competition Entries. Then submit the URL of that thread in a response to this announcement thread to be eligible for the awards.

Note: Those who submitted words & are participating can use the same words, but this is not mandatory.

Prizes:
    1. First prize: Rs.200/-. There may be a joint first prize in case of more than one award-winning entry.
    2. Second prize: Rs.150/-. There may be a joint second prize in case there is only one winner for the first prize.
    3. Third prize (one only): Rs.100/-.
    4. Consolation prize (two only): Rs.75/-.

Non-winning valid entries may also get enhanced points & cc for their entries.

Closing date: 14th May 2018.
    Here is my entry:
    That's why I like her!

Regards,
    Jagdish

Joyful people, how can grow to be civilize

This my placing of words
    Why the earth is always divine

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Madam,
    Can I also use the last word in any grammar format? Eg. satisfied, lovable, thankful, etc. My story is almost ready to post.

Honesty is the best policy.

My entry for the contest is:
    What a journey into the time machine

My entry:-

How can he describe his emotion?

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Hakimuddin,

Sorry for the late response. I was offline for two days. Yes, you can use the last word also in any grammar format as deemed fit. I will update the instructions in the announcement. Those who have already submitted their entries can edit their stories & do the needful if they so wish.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

No problem Madam,
    I can understand, I only want to use my word satisfy at the end and to use it I ask this question. Now I have already submitted my entry. Thanks a lot for your response.

This is my entry.
    Why sweat about it?

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My entry for the contest-
    Who opined fairy tales don't inhere?

I have submitted my entry to the contest. How to spend the summer vacation
    drrao
    always confident

My entry for the contest has been submitted Why do we have to Vote?.

Please find my entry below

How their perception got changed

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.