Place the words, write a story, win a prize!This contest incorporates a slightly different method to write a creative charming short story based on the words submitted by members (I have not selected repeated words). At the end of your story, give a link to this announcement thread.
The story should be as follows -
1. Include any one of these words in the title: what, who, how, why.
Overall, the total number of the words in the title should not exceed 7.
2. The very first word of the story should begin with any one of these words: happy, proud, contentment, kindness, joyful, smile, fun, glad,
You can use the word in any grammar format (e.g. happy as happily/proud as pride).
3. Select any one of these names to be given to a residential/commercial establishment (e.g. a house, a resort, etc) which features in your story, but not to a character in the story: Muruga, Hussain, Vijay, Vanamali, Ritvitz, Saravanan, Jojo, Kranti, Anamika, Ekadanth.
4. Relevant to the story, include any one of these aspects of nature: air, lake, space, serene, life, rain, green, sea, sun, solitude, mystery.
5. The very last ending word of the story should be any one of these words: yes, satisfy, yahooooo, good, parent, smile, comprehend, done, sincere, thanks, love.
Update on 9th May: Like the first word, you can use the ending word also in any grammar format.
1. The short story should be written in English as per what has been stated above, with minimum 350 words and maximum 500 words.
2. It should be a charming story, something delightful and heart-warming.
3. Only one entry per member is allowed. Submit your story in: Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Competition Entries. Then submit the URL of that thread in a response to this announcement thread to be eligible for the awards.
Note: Those who submitted words & are participating can use the same words, but this is not mandatory.
1. First prize: Rs.200/-. There may be a joint first prize in case of more than one award-winning entry.
2. Second prize: Rs.150/-. There may be a joint second prize in case there is only one winner for the first prize.
3. Third prize (one only): Rs.100/-.
4. Consolation prize (two only): Rs.75/-.
Non-winning valid entries may also get enhanced points & cc for their entries.
Closing date: 14th May 2018.