You must Sign In to post a response.
A message can be sent directly to the members who raised the query instead of raising a separate thread on it, as already informed in the previous thread: http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/158893-Kind-Attention-Mr-SuN-Mr-Mohan-and-Dr-Rao.aspx
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Kind attention! respected Members

Earlier in the month of April, Mr. SuN, Mr. Mohan and Dr. Rao wanted to know the details of the ceremony held at Indo-Bangladesh Border gates. But unfortunately, due to my suspension for ten days, I could not answer their queries. So, I have now written an article giving details of the Flag-lowering ceremony at Petrapole-Benapole border post. This article has not yet been approved, but the interested Members can get details of the ceremony conducted by BSF and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) everyday. I request all Members to read the article. The link is given below:-

Lowering of Flags ceremony at Petrapole-Benapole border

I tender my sincere apology to the aforestated three Members for not answering their questions in April itself. I request the interested Members to read the yet-to-be-published article and seek clarifications, if any, in the present thread. I will try to reply.
    Thanks for giving the detailed article as sought. Surely I shall go through the article once approved and append my comments also on that. I am eager to read that.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Good information. Thanks
    I don't think that flag-lowering ceremony will improve cross-border trade.
    As we are failing to control the huge influx of people from Bangladesh, why we encourage cross-border trade?

My personal opinion: Why we need all those ceremonies at the border? Stop everything and seal the border.

I love chocolates and ice creams!

Neeraj I wont agree with your observation. Flag ceremony in the borders testifies our pride and belonging to the country and for others it is the ceremony to watch and respect.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Partha,
    I should thank you for providing the Indo-Bangla border flag hoisting and lowering ceremony. My question is - Why should we have such ceremony in the border? Is it to show off who is great on the borders? Our national flag should be honored, but not the border gate. The ceremony should be very simple in the morning and the evening. No show off parade is required.

No life without Sun

Mr. SuN: Very good question. But what is the necessity of Republic Day parade? What is the need for Independence Day speech from Red Fort? What is the need for so much pomp and glory in marriage?

This is because ceremonies are also important for the individuals, societies and countries.

Please note that there is no flag-hoisting ceremony. It is only flag-lowering ceremonies at the borders. Why I don't know.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.