You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Vasudev, I am really sorry that I could not properly attend your last call

Vasudev, our friendship commenced in 1994. It grew stronger day by day. I could share all my problems with you. I had full faith in you. I knew that you wouldn't share these with others. You helped me in various ways during my initial days in Delhi. You would also share your problem with me. We used to talk everyday. You knew my hopes and aspirations. I also knew your problems, hopes and future plans. You were one of my very few true friends in this city.

I can't forget what you did when I submitted my MBA project. The huge project was changed at least thrice. You carried out the corrections without any murmur of protest. You helped me to complete my project despite your own extremely busy schedule. You have major contributions in my record marks in the project.

You divulged about your illness to me even before you informed your wife and family members. I witnessed your struggle to remain alive during last 15 years. You struggled to establish your family members. You struggled to earn fame in office. You continued fighting smilingly. Your struggle started during your student days and continued till March, 2018.

When I left Shastri Bhawan, our interaction became infrequent. However, you tried to keep contact over phone. You also visited my present office occasionally despite your busy schedule. On our last meeting, you told me smilingly that your illness started to overcome you. You were undergoing dialysis.

When you called me over telephone from your hospital bed last time, I could not talk to you properly, because I was checking in at New Delhi Airport. Perhaps you were hurt.

Thereafter, I could not talk to you because of various reasons. You silently left the world in March, 2018. Only yesterday, Acharya, our common friend, informed me about your demise.

I can never forget that I could not attend your last call properly. You will always remain in my heart. I pray to Almighty that He gives all strength to your son to fulfill your dreams and aspirations.

Rest in Peace, Vasudev!

(N.B.: My friend Vasudev Singh left for heavenly abode in March, 2018)
    Saddened to know of the loss of your friend.

Death is always sudden, even if there is some inkling of its possible happening due to an illness. Such experiences as narrated here teach us a valuable lesson: do not delay to convey what you want to say or what you want to do. It may be too late, with just a deep hole of sad regrets left in its wake.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

The demise of a good friend is really a sad event. The sentiments shown and written by the author are really very touching and depicting the true agony of a friend in such situation.

I offer my deep condolences and pray to almighty for the departed soul.

Knowledge is power.

Sorry to hear about it Partha, it happiness in our life when we do something unintentionally, you did the same when you could not be able to take his call.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

The words are not coming out but feel sad of the incidence & may God gives us the strength to come over this & to all of us.

Only best friends always come with us in good and bad times and I can imagine the loss of your friend and the dejection cannot be forgotten that easily, that is the power of friendship. Just now I was listening to one of the famous Tamil song, "Mustafa , mustafa, dont worry mustafa, kaalam nam thozhan mustafa" the meaning is that even in trying times the friendship would continue and only the time will tell the difference. And if our liked friend suddenly departs from us, his association with us will linger on and memories cannot be forgotten or erased. My condolence to your friend family.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A heart moving true story of friendship. Sounds like a person who's quite, stoic and honors the value of friendship. There are times when we wish, I just answered the doorbell, I wish, I had taken my parents earlier for a medical check-up etc. There are times where is there is no right or wrong answer.A missed phone call, a missed letter, a missed deadline can change our lives forever. I don't think you could have done much Mr.Partha, when you are pre-occupied and have no inclination about what is happening on the other side, you can't blame yourself too much.

Moving slightly away but staying on the sense of guilt, at times we live on carrying some unexplainable/emotional grouse against people and have a rigid mindset based on some misunderstanding or an old argument, we tend to stay within the fence we draw for ourselves but once we find that the person (parents, siblings, friends or relatives) is no more we are hit by a pang of guilt that I wish I had not done this.

Sorry to hear the news of the sad demise of your friend. You were not destined to attend his last call. May your friend Vasudev's good soul rest in peace. Convey my deepest condolence to the bereaved family of your best friend.
    No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments