You must Sign In to post a response.
Love music in any form? Test your knowledge of music, songs & sound-related vocabulary with this fun, musical quiz! Closing time: 8 p.m., 13th May 2018 (Sunday.)
  • Category: Reward Programs

Alphabetical Quick Quiz: The Sound of Music

Are you musically inclined? No matter! Do try out this Alphabetical Quiz on the theme of music. It is a little tougher than the previous one!!

Instructions: The quiz is in the attachment of this announcement thread. Send me a list of the answers to my Gmail ID which is 'iscmecontests'. Do not submit answers in this thread. Put in the subject line of the email 'Music Quiz'.

Only one entry per member is allowed. A second email with another list of answers will not be considered. Do not send your answers as an attachment. Send the answers in the text itself. You can send the list as it is, with the answers next to it or even just the answers, but please send it in the correct order. After you send me the answers, put a response in this thread so that later points & cc can be credited for correct answers. No points or cc will be deducted for incorrect answers.

Important: In your response to this thread, do not indicate which answers were easy or which were difficult. Your answers should match my answer key. There will be no disputes on this and the decision on the winners will be final & binding on all.

Cash Awards: The member who gets the maximum correct answers will be awarded Rs.150/-. In case of a tie, the first two members who got the maximum answers correct will each win this cash prize. Next in line will get Rs.100/-, Rs.75/- and Rs.50/-. Note that at least a minimum of 8 answers and upwards should be correct for the cash prizes. If nobody gets at least 8 right, then the amount of all the cash awards will be reduced, but cash prizes will definitely be given.

All participants (including winners) will get 2 points and Rs.2/- for each correct answer. In case of a pair of words being the answer, if you get one word right you will get 1 point and 1cc. In case there has been an error in the number of letters given for a word, then a default point of 2 will be given to all but only if the word you gave is somewhat similar to the answer & not wholly incorrect (that is, the spelling is slightly different.). Do not give more than one answer, otherwise, it will be considered as invalid.

The closing time of receipt of entries: 8 p.m., 13th May 2018 (IST). Entries in my email inbox received after this time will be invalid.

Hope you have a fun, musical weekend!

[Note: I will not be able to acknowledge the receipt of your entries till late evening/night tomorrow.]
  • Alphabetical Quick Quiz_The Sound of Music (158969-1-Alphabetical-Quick-Quiz_The-Sound-of-Music.doc)
    Vandana,I have sent answers by email to the email id given.

I too have mailed my answers now.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I am currently in London, and just happened to see this quiz. I mailed my answers a few minutes ago.
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Hello Vandana Mam,
    I have mailed my answers now. Kindly acknowledge.

Regards
    Rizwan

Vandana Ji, I have just mailed my answers at 8:24 this morning, kindly acknowledge when you are back. Thanks

Madam,
    I have mailed my answers to your e-mail ID at 1015 hrs today. Kindly confirm the receipt of the same. An excellent contest.

No life without Sun

I have sent my answers to your email.
    Never spend what is not yours!

I have mailed my answers for the quiz.
    Knowledge is power.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun

I have sent my answers. Kindly acknowledge.

I was out of station for a short period. I noticed the contest at 11.30 a.m. today. Thereafter I had to endure long power-cuts. Somehow I have attempted and sent the answer just now. Kindly acknowledge.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Received the following members' entries up to now (with time mentioned when sent to my email) -
    1. Bala - 12 May 2018 at 21:39
    2. Venkiteswaran - 12 May 2018 at 23:42
    3. Aditya Mohan - 12 May 2018 at 23:46
    4. Juana - 13 May 2018 at 01:35
    5. Syed Rizwan - 13 May 2018 at 06:40
    6. Natarajan - 13 May 2018 at 08:26
    7. Sun - 13 May 2018 at 10:16
    8. Umesh - 13 May 2018 at 15:32
    9. Soundharya - 13 May 2018 at 18:17
    10. Partha - 13 May 2018 at 18:58

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I have sent my entry. Though I am a not music lover and saw this contest in afternoon today. So have sent only some answers for my participation in the contest. Let see how many are correct. Madam, Please acknowledge.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Respected madam, I have just sent my entry. Please acknowledge for the same.

I have sent you my answers just now.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Received the following members' entries also (with time mentioned when sent to my email) -
    1. Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala - 13 May 2018 at 19:42
    2. Aliasgar - 13 May 2018 at 19:47
    3. Jagdish Patro - 13 May 2018 at 19:53

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I read just now on the Net about the dust storms affecting North India, especially Delhi & Noida. Hope everyone at ISC & their families are safe.

I am extending the time to 11 p.m. for other members to try out the quiz, since their electric power may have been affected. However, to be fair to the participants who hurried to submit within the scheduled time, the entries received after 8p.m will not be considered for the main awards. Those entries will get only 1 point and 1 cc for each correct answer for all answers, including those with bonus points. So those who wish to still try, may submit their entries via email & respond here, indicating they have done so. I will come online tomorrow morning.

Have just sent the answers.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Dhruv,
    I have received your entry on 13th May 2018 at 22:53.

Thanks, everyone for participating. Will reveal the answers when the winners are announced.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum