You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the current central government's performance?

The current central government has received praise and condemnation on several grounds in the four years of its existence. How would you rate the current government?
    The record of the present Central Government is a very big zero.

This Government can and should be given, only four out of ten.

In trying to keep the fiscal deficit down, the Modi Government has only raised the price of petroleum products to the highest levels. It is ridiculous to claim that inflation is less.

The retail inflation is so high that we, the huge mass of middle class Indians, have always gone in for cheaper substitutes and managed our lives.

I still recall the former Governor of RBI, Mr Subba Rao, who advised the banks to revise the deposits upwards, when the inflation went up at the retail level.

Today, the great Prime Minister has brought in a scheme for Senior citizens with a ridiculous rate of eight percent. It should have been at least nine percent.

Demonitization was the one very big mistake. The government did not prepare itself at all. Hundreds of manhours was effectively wasted in standing in front of big ques for taking our own money. The informal economy was destroyed very badly.

Mr Modi destroyed one year of full employment to hundreds of thousands employed in the construction sector, which went for the biggest toss.

GST was the worst piece of legislation. Prices of everything has effectively gone up.

The twenty percent free advertisements of every FMCG company is a big bait to increase prices after a while. So where has GST gone?

Worse, the Central Government shamelessly encourages all casual and contract employment. Mr Modi, where are the regular jobs?

The great Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley proudly announces PF payment to all Fixed Term Employees for three years. What happens to the employee after three years, Mr Jaitley? How many new jobs were really created, Mr Modi?

The present government has only promoted jobless growth. The jobs have been reduced everywhere. For instance, even the BPO jobs are not available to thousands of MBAs from ordinary colleges.

So, four out of ten is the most realistic score.

Every Govt tries to do some good things and at the same times miserably fails in achieving many objectives. It is a phenomenon more prominent in developing countries.

When it comes to rank or rate a Govt then it can not be done in isolation. It has to be seen in a comparative scale.

The present Govt can be compared to the earlier one by considering various factors like economic development, unemployment, corruption, reservation issues, Kashmir problem, farmers condition etc. Based on these parameters I will put the earlier Govt at a score of 3 and present one at 5. This is only my judgment and this will naturally vary from person to person.

Anyway, we have to go ahead in a big way to achieve a respectable score of 7 and above.

Knowledge is power.

Who are we to rate the government. The more this government has been abused, the best it is performing. PM Modi has been the most targeted person by the opposition parties and they are cornering him for every reason and every season. The more he is maligned, the more he gets popular and getting more votes than perceived. In Karnataka there was a virtual clean sweep for Siddharamaiah government, before Modi entered the scene. As soon as he campaigned for the party in many road side meetings and big meetings, the popularity for the BJP has been increasing and thus I rate 8 out of 100 for this central government.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Basistha, can you change the scale to -10 to 10 instead of 1 to 10. When there is anything positive, we can use your scale. Since things that have gone bad are more than anything positive, it will be difficult to rate.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Keep a scale with markings from -50 to +50 and give the present Central Government a grading of -50. Common people of India won't understand all these gradings and would elect the ruling party in the next election also.

People have seen through the game.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

On all fronts BJP government failed to fulfill its promises in these four years. Bringing back black money from foreign banks, providing 2 million jobs per year, eradicate corruption and scams from all areas of public life, making lives of farmers more comfortable providing all support to them, clean electioneering system, complete curtailing of cross border terrorism etc. But no where this govt. has achieved any thing regarding these promises. But this govt. brought lot of problems to common man due to demonetization, GST implementation, daily change of petrol and diesel prices. Govt. hyped so much about single tax system but common man in any way got benefited in the cost reduction of any commodities. So I give a big zero to this govt.

Let us analyze the work which our Prime Minister has done so far:-

Jan-Dhan Yojana: Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the world's largest financial inclusion programme in his maiden Independence Day speech, opening the doors of the formal banking system to the poor. Today, the number of beneficiaries stands at 31.31 crores, with a total balance of Rs 76,000 crores in their accounts.

GST- One Nation-One Tax: Dubbed the biggest financial sector reform after the liberalization of the economy in 1991, Modi government launched the Goods and Services Tax on July 1, 2017, at a special midnight session of the Parliament. The one nation, one tax, as it is also known, replaced existing multiple cascading taxes levied by the central and state governments.

Ujjwala Scheme: The Ujjwala scheme has provided free LPG connections to almost 3 crore poor families till now. Under the scheme, the government aims to provide cooking gas to poor households. The scheme aims to replace cooking fuels used mostly in rural India with clean LPG.

Bullet Train: The foundation stone for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed railway project was laid on September 14 by PM Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe, opening the doors for big shift in India's transportation infrastructure.

MUDRA Yojana: With the MUDRA scheme, the Modi government provided financial support to budding entrepreneurs. Out of the total loans sanctioned, more than 3 crore beneficiaries have been first time entrepreneurs & that too major portion going to female entrepreneurs.

UDAN: The UDAN scheme launched in October 2016 makes air travel more affordable and accessible to the common man. It also gave the much-needed boost to regional connectivity by unveiling 128 routes that connected regional areas to cities and covered 52 un-served and 13 underserved airports.

Clean India Mission: Institutional support accompanied with mass participation has been instrumental in making Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, PM Modi's pet project, a success. Four years since its launch, around 79 percent of the country has become free of open defecation, up from around 39 percent in 2014.

Infrastructure Push: PM Modi unveiled the Sagarmala Project to develop India's long coastline and inland ports as well as the Bharatmala Project to improve road connectivity in the country. The projects comes with total outlay of Rs 4 lakh crore and more than Rs 5 lakh crore respectively. Other critical infrastructural projects include the 9-km long Chenani-Nashri Tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir and the Dhola-Sadia Bridge, the country's longest river bridge, in Assam.

Solar Alliance: To tackle climate change, PM Modi brought together the International Solar Alliance to harness solar energy for developmental needs of countries in the tropics. Launched in 2015, in the midst of Paris Climate Summit, the international venture has held its first summit in Delhi, which saw a participation of 23 heads of state.

Foreign front: The Government's deft dealing of Doklam crisis, surgical strikes at Myammar and PoK to exterminate terrorists, excellent relationship with the USA, Japan, Australia, Bangladesh, Israel, UAE, the extremely good 'Look East' policy and principled stand on international issues like global warming are the achievements of the present Government.

Considering the above factors, I will give 8.5 out of 10 to the present Government solely on the basis of performance and not on personal preference or hatred.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

If many scheme launching is the criteria, the credit goes to previous Congress govt. as many of the present programs are the brain child of Mr.Manmohan Singh govt. All the above programs are existed in Congress govt. and the BJP changed their names and they are including them in their tally.

The author wants to rate the central government on the scale 1 to 10. If anybody wants to rate he can respond in this thread. Why we are arguing on the performance and has started a debate on the performance of the central government. The author only wants the rate if you like central government performance then please give 10 and not like please give 0.
    I would like to give grade 7 to the central government.

Honesty is the best policy.

The author is interested in knowing the performance of the present central governemnt working.
    I have seen some Congress governments, Morarji government, Atal Vajpayee government and Modi government.
    I say among these governments the best government I have seen is Atal Vajpayee government and then comes PVNRao government, I place Modi government at third place, Moraji Desai government at 4th place and the other governments will be next to these governments only.
    Coming to various promises made by other governments, no government so far is able to deliver 100% of what they promised in the election campaign. But at least giving an attempt and trying to do some good is better always.

drrao
    always confident

Recently, one thread was raised in ISC forum suggesting whether we can have unbiased opinion on political discussion. Most of us replied in positive way. However, When I landed in this thread, I feel, we still need some maturity when talking or discussing about political party. Anyway, let me have my "unbiased" response to this matter.

There is one question always comes in my that the way questions or blames are thrown out to BJP government since they came in to power, had we have done the same in last two decade, our country would have been in top of the world now. Here, I would like to say straight that those who blame BJP for what they done in last 4 years, were silent since decade. Why? because it was their supporting party in the central? It is ridiculous to say that the good work OF BJP credit should go to Manmohan Singh, the PM who were silent almost 10 years? The weak PM who even need to ask 2+2=4 to their high command before answering it to public.

I mean how come you are so unbiased? That all the good work is done by Congress and all the failure work is done by BJP? There are so many complaints and accusation about "demonetization" and "GST" to current Government, yet these people keep blind eyes to see that these factor do not have any affect on their popularity. Even South state like Karnataka has given them full support. I am surprised people even don't see the current result of Karnataka election or they just want to accuse the current Government for the sake of it?

People say the current Government is Big Zero or Failure or done so much wrong work, yet they gets the majority of votes below their "nose". This proves that peoples faith are still with the current Government.

Finally, I would say that each Government have their minus or plus point, to do some work for as vast as India, it need times and one can't change the face of our country in 3 or 4 years! The way this current Government getting victory one by one, it says the enough story. I am not going to grade any number to this government because I really feel that it will not justify to the Government who is only 4 years old. Let them have enough time if not 70 years at least 7 years, then you can really judge if they are good, corrupt or Bad.

For sure this government can well be given the 8 out of 10.

Anyone questioning the current BJP government under the leadership of PM Modi, must not be aware of the supremacy of the India to the rest of the world. In today's time we have one of the rarest of in the PM post who is proud of his culture. That he is proud of his Mother tongue during any one of his foreign tours. The same man who is most famous for his arranging schedules that he works more then 16-18 hours per day & never ever published this or never had complained of too. That any of his projects or policies were meant for in general & not targeting any religions or the communities as has been the case with the previous governments.

I have gone through the other submissions as well & found to be a kind of fiction story which is again without facts but just having with the imagination of some fantasy world. There are policies which take time for any fruitful outcomes & so is the case with the Demonetization & GST. The PC's which we see everywhere didn't happen at once but took time of 3-4 decade to reach here. But anyone who doesn't show patience during the time it is still red light & crosses the road, wouldn't understand this.

• Sign In to post your comments