You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

Should Mr. Rahul Gandhi now Apologize For Comparing India With Pakistan!

Yesterday there was a news in every prime time show & in debates that, "Rahul Gandhi insulted countrymen by comparing India with Pakistan". "Aisa Pakistan me Hota hai (such things happen in Pakistan)", Congress President Rahul Gandhi said this in one of his remarks while addressing an event in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh, while talking about the current situation of the judiciary in India. Adding that, "The Constitution is under severe attack in the country"….referring to the incidence of four Supreme Court judges….that he concluded saying as "The judiciary is under fear".

Now, as the Supreme Court on Friday ordered that floor test in the Karnataka assembly be held at 4 pm on Saturday, the Rahul Gandhi would take his statement back which is as per the above para that he continued to blame the BJP & the RSS too.
    Apology and Rahul Gandhi! Is he humble enough? Has he ever heard this very word?
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

A person under whom Congress not only lost more than 27 elections but peoples faith too. A person whose IQ Level is lower than 8th standard student. A person when he talks, never looked confidence, A person who has nothing under his name but title. What one will expect from such person. I feel, his moral is very low and he lost the confidence on Indian people may be that is why he remembered our neighbouring country.

No, I would not want him to say sorry. A kid learn his own with time and age. I will rather wait to get some maturity from him.

The man at the helm of affairs of Congress party is so immature and never know what to talk and what not. I think there should be a revolution within the party and somebody who is good enough to lead the party should take over. Otherwise, the Congress will become a non-entity in the entire country. Otherwise, he should not be allowed to talk anywhere and he should be made whatever he will get in writing from his aids.
    It is really a great sorrow that the party which has seen so many great personalities of politics were working in the party and almost all the states are under the rule of this party. Now it has been reduced to such a state that it can't return back. But the party is not recognising this and still continuing the same trend. I don't know how to save this party from the mother and son.

drrao
    always confident

Leaders at that level should not get personal or imply lawlessness. There is no harm in Rahul Gandhi apologising to the judiciary and the nation. I feel sorry for him, everything he does seems to go wrong or backfire. He does need to take a break.

This is the text of what Rahul Gandhi said in Raipur. "This is probably the first time you witnessed 4 supreme court judges go to the press and addresses the people saying that we are in need of you, that we are being pressurised, we are being threatened and we are unable to do our work. This is probably the first time such incident has happened in a democratic nation like India, but this is very common in a dictatorship, it has happened in Pakistan and several other countries in Africa. Some general comes and drives the press away, but India is witnessing this for the first time in 70 years".

Rahul Gandhi did not pass any adverse remark about the judiciary as some of the responses indicate. He said that what is happening to the judiciary in India now can only happen in a country like Pakistan and several other African countries. The present government is trying to muzzle the judiciary. Delaying the appointment of judges, partial approval as in the case of Justice Joseph, not heeding to the directions of the Supreme Court as in the case of Lokpal appointment, Cauvery management board and many other things. Is this a democratic way?

If there is anything wrong or against the countries judiciary in what Rahul Gandhi said, why the only apology, let the Government of India file case on sedition charges or other appropriate charges and put him behind the bars.

" Be Good and Do Good "

Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala appointed BJP's Virajpet MLA KG Bopaiah as the Pro tem speaker to oversee proceedings for the SC-mandated floor test on Saturday at 4.00 pm. But Congress and JD(S) has filed another case against this decision of the Governor.

The much-maligned (by the Congress) Supreme Court Chief Justice has ordered immediate hearing of the case at 10.30 a.m. today. But if Congress gets a verdict against the party, the President of the party will again start crying.

I think we need to stop the pick and choose policy while referring to statements made by leaders. What Rahul said has been reproduced (precisely) at #636680. That being the case, is it not wrong to just quote him as comparing India with Pakistan? What he meant to convey was that democracy is at stake in India. Let us not be blind to facts.

And regarding the appointment of K.G.Bopaiah as pro-term speaker, his antecedents being well known, there is no doubt that the action of the Governor should be brought under a scanner.

'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

I very well appreciate #636680 / Mr. KVRR for putting the remarks of Mr. Rahul Gandhi, adding that this is the first time.......then what about the emergency during the Congress regime. Wasn't any dictatorship that we did find that time. & by the way the Congress President Mr. Rahul Gandhi & his mother along with other big party leaders are already on bail on The National Herald Scam.

This is to be noted & if I am not wrong than all those four judges were once appointed by the Congress Party & rather then part of showing dissatisfaction this was an act of political agenda as still now everything remains the same as per last existed terms & conditions & all those four respected Judges are working. Why they couldn't resigned as they were so disturbed of the system & carry on with important social issues.

This is important that the drama by the four judges were criticized by the top intellectuals along with The Co-ordination Committee of All District Bar Associations of Delhi, along with the suggestion that suggested that judges should have adopted other good and healthy options like approaching the Supreme Court Bar Association, senior advocates or the President.

Concluding that everything can't be informed in this discussion but can only be addressed a small part & to a limited area. But we also need to go through the debates from the different news channels in order to understand the concept concisely.

Mr. Ved Prakash, I am unable to understand your babble. Your complex sentences with no connection to each other are making it difficult to understand. Write in simple sentences so that we can understand what your actual feelings are.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

In the first paragraph, I wrote about the "Emergency" during the Congress rule that was part of a dictatorship . Then I went about saying that the Congress President Mr. Rahul Gandhi & his mother along with other big party leaders are already on bail on The National Herald Scam.

In the second & third paragraph, I mentioned about the case of four judges who came out in open to criticize the Judiciary system of ours. Those were the appointments during the Congress rule. So more or less that remained a political agenda & were even criticized by the top intellectuals along with The Co-ordination Committee of All District Bar Associations of Delhi, along with the suggestion that suggested that judges should have adopted other good and healthy options like approaching the Supreme Court Bar Association, senior advocates or the President.

In the fourth para, I concluded with an understanding that each one those incidences were part of a bigger picture & so the need arise to listen to the debates in the different news channels so as to understand the complete picture.

Rahul Gandhi! Is he educated enough to know what had happened to judiciary during the emergency? Do some Members of ISC know that the SC collegium is hesitating to re-send the proposal of Justice Joseph? Even if they know, they won't mention this in the Forum wishfully thinking that other Members don't read anything.

Desperation to grab power or retain power is making Rahul Gandhi more restless and his body language and the mind is not cooperating the way he wants the things to run. What I feel pity for him that his advisers are poor or wilfully allowing him to commit mistakes so that Congress loose the face and also the pride among the people. I thought by elevating his status to Congress President he gets sweeping powers and would restore the lost glory of the party. But stunned to see worst performance of Congress and through loose talks by him and his colleagues, the BJP is getting benefited freely.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.