You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

India is not giving any facility to the minorities

I have been watching this for a long time. I have been collecting information for a long time. And after analyzing the information, I have now come to the conclusion. India and Indian Government do not give any facility to the minority communities of the country.

Here I must clarify that I am talking about true and real minorities of the country. They are Jains, Parsis and Jews. The people belonging to these communities never complain. They work silently for the development of the country. They work silently for the upliftment of their respective communities. They don't for Government assistance for themselves or for their religious institutions They don't bother about reservation and representation of their communities in the political process.

I salute these real minorities. They have got themselves assimilated with the people of this great country. They have brought immense sweetness just like sugar brings sweetness in milk.

My respect to the real minorities of India.
    The minorities you have mentioned are non-existing as far as our politicians are concerned. Because they are not got distributed all over the country. Their percentage of votes are negligible. Thay can't make any good favour to the politicians to win the majority. Whereas there are other minorities who got distributed all over the country. Their percentage of votes may decide the winning or losing of these candidates in elections. So everybody will talk about those religions only.
    I think Jains, Parsis and Jews are having the minimum population and they are concentrated in some places only. Probably those state governments may be planning to do something for them. The details are not known.

drrao
    always confident

Few of the things in our life happens to bring smile to our face instantly & the author has raised this fact which makes me feel delighted from within. When I searched the google the Jew population is estimated to be around 5000 in numbers. And according to the 2011 Census of India, there are 57,264 Parsis in India.

Even less then one percent of the population but never found to be come out of any injustice or inappropriate behavior with them.

The character of Indian culture -- its relative placidity, its acceptance of diversity have given the Jews & the Partians a sanctuary the likes of which has never been known in any of the countries of the western world.

Apart from the three religions mentioned by the author there are others who are denied the minority status. I just cannot understand as to why the word minority only relate to muslims and not other religion. Even the government is not clear on this issue. Once I had been to Minority Finance Corporation which gives lots of schemes and sops to the communities time and again announced by the state, the concerned official told me that though the government envisage stifund, fee reimbursement , scholarships for further studies, it is not availed by Muslims. Thus to whom those money goes is the question mark.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, Sir. The Government does not touch these communities. But the Jains and the Parsis have done so well.

It might interest you Sir, to know that there are hundreds of thousands of Jains, in Tamil Nadu, in various parts of Tamil Nadu, and they have stayed on for generations. They speak Tamil so well, that is impossible for a lay man to identify them, unless they identify themselves!!!

The Jains are so powerful in Chennai city. They are superbly well entrenched in the textile trade, as retailers and in the jewellery business as well. There are at least two main colleges run by the Jains and the colleges are very famous too.

The Parsis, lead by the Tata group, are possibly as well settled as the Jains. When you have business people who do business the ethical way, as the Tata group does, why should they need Government help at all? Most of them are highly educated and this makes a huge difference too.

I do not much about the Jews. Well, that the Government should take care of these minorities is accepted, but the fact remains that for the most part, they are very comfortable as business people,and a have a huge influence in the political space as well.

What influence do the Parsis and Jews have in political space? I would like to know the details.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Simple Sir. Every word of what the Chief of the Tata group says is always taken very seriously by every single politician. This group is very well known for its very high level of ethics.

Ratan Tata is still very active in influencing the Government policies for the overall development of all. For example, the commendable social work done by the Tata group is often taken as a benchmark as far as Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives of several organizations. What Mr Ratan Tata did after the Mumbai terrorist attack has won the praise of politicians across all parties.

For each of the families who died in the Tata Hotel and even who died on the roads in the confusion, Mr Ratan Tata visited their homes, gave them very handsome compensation and also made them eligible for free treatment in Tata hospitals for a life time.

As far as Jains are concerned, they have their own lobby groups, and they are doing a huge amount of social work. They are very active in media too. For example, the Indian Express group is controlled by Jains and so is the Times of India group. This is what I mentioned as political space.

Please do note that politicians across the political divide, have always looked up to the Tata group, not for donations, but for the role they play in shaping Government policy.

As regards the Jews, I have mentioned that I do not anything at all about them. I had mentioned only about Jains and the Parsis. The fact remains that they have been able to do commendable social work, even when they have been so superbly successful in business.

What I feel that Parsis and Jews fear of coming into politics and they would watch the proceedings from the gallery and wont even assert their rights in the country to which they are eligible.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Is Tata group synonymous to all Parsis of India? Does Tata group relate business with religious affiliations? Isn't the present Chairman of Tata group a Hindu?

I strongly feel that instead of providing more and more benefits to the unreal minorities, Indian Government must start working for real minorities.

So, what are the benefits which the Governments (Central Government and State Governments) must provide to these real minorities?

The author has raised a very interesting thread which is forcing us to understand the concept about the minorities in our country.

Who are the minorities? Is it religion based? Or based on the financial conditions. It is difficult to define it. There are downtrodden and poor Brahmins who do not come under the minorities while people belonging to backward communities but having a sound financial condition and already taken advantage of reservations come under the minorities.

These things are now mixed up and have become politically complicated and illogical. The only solution which seems now is to remove all type of reservations and give a person his dues only for being an Indian who is above his caste and creed.

This revolutionary approach is now required to make things transparent and clear in this country otherwise we will be unnecessarily wasting our energy and efforts in a totally useless arena of activities.

Knowledge is power.

I agree with the author. These minor communities are really soft people. They never complain about anything in our country. They have really proved to be the nice people. We have never heard them fighting over their or other religion's name. People should learn such qualities from them and make India a better place to live.
    Do what inspires you !!

Government set up the National Commission for Minorities (NCM) under the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. Six religious communities, viz; Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) and Jains have been notified in Gazette of India as minority communities by the Union Government all over India . Original notification of 1993 was for Five religious communities Sikhs, Buddhist,Parsis, Christians and Muslims. I request the author to search wikipedia or original Gazette to know real information

"I request the author to search wikipedia or original Gazette to know real information''------ I request the Member to read the original thread slowly at least thrice before submitting meaningless comments.

The Constitution itself recognized those are the six minorities in our country. What is your classification of real minorities or artificial minorities talking which has no sense. Your explanation is only to highlight religious sentiments favoring your favorite political party. Already the same sentiment discussed most recently in a thread in our forum.

"Here I must clarify that I am talking about true and real minorities of the country. They are Jains, Parsis and Jews."
    Instead of commenting on the others responses as meaningless, the author should clarify what is meant by true and real minorities? Is there any mention of ' true and real minorities' in the Constitution of India? Is it proper to add something that is not there in the Constitution of India?

" Be Good and Do Good "

''Your explanation is only to highlight religious sentiments favoring your favorite political party.''--------There is no religious sentiment being discussed here. We are supporting secular sentiments. I only said that successive Indian Governments (including the present Government) have neglected the real minorities. These real minorities must be protected and must be given facilities by the Indian Government and State Governments instead of unreal minorities.

• Sign In to post your comments