You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

This man is a legend, AB de Villiers retirement from cricket

Today morning, I came to know that AB de villiers, South African cricket player has taken retirement from cricket, but today morning I also received one very surprising message from a gentleman on WhatsApp about AB De villiers. The message says that he was a goal keeper for junior national team hockey team, he was captain of South Africa junior rugby team, he holds 6 swimming records in school, fastest 100m junior athelete, national badminton U-19 champion, member of junior Davis cup squad of south Africa, has won U-19 golf tournament, he was shortlisted for junior football squad for South Africa, he has adopted an entire village in Zimbabwe to fund it's development, he is founder member and chief donor of a cancer hospital in Capetown.

Add to that everyone knows about his records in cricket when ch has caught attention of people all around the world. His doesn't end here, he has also received national medal from Late Nelson Mandela for his Biochem Science Project. He has also recorded a bilingual pop album.

I have not verified all the facts but, if it is true then it goes to say a lot about this man of multitalent who deserves respect. It can easily be said that this man is a legend.
    It can be easily said that one man can make difference.

What members think of AB de villiers.
    We will surely miss this stylish batsman. When his team toured India, his batting in one of the Test matches is still fresh. He was the only one man standing tall, till Ravichandran Ashwin got the better of him.

He was a key man in the RCB IPL team, and his absence will be very much missed. World class cricketers like this gentleman will always be remembered as legends.

A very gifted cricket player. He exhibited his talents many times and see that his team will be winning the match. He is known for his batting skills. He contributed a lot to the cricket and really we can call him a legend. It is a testing time for all the bowlers during bowling to him in the field.
    The other details mentioned by the author are new to me. But it appears he is a multitalented person with so many skills in him. We should really respect such people who will make their life a boon and bring laurels to the Nation. Kudos to this gentleman.

drrao
    always confident

I love his trademark unorthodox shot where in he goes a yard to his right, leaving his stumps exposed and yet manage to hit a four or a six. His athletisim on the field, taking impossible catches etc are second to none like Jonty Rhodes.
    What I like about him is that he's retirement when things are well and he is still respected. I'm sure many cricket teams and IPL fans will miss this great man. Hat's off to his off the pitch services to the community.

• Sign In to post your comments