You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Karnataka

He has spoken the truth!

I find him remarkable! He is not like other politicians. He speaks the uncomfortable truth so easily and without any hesitation! I am deeply impressed.

I am talking about the Karnataka Chief Minister Shri H.D. Kumaraswamy. Today, he was speaking to the reporters after garlanding the first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru's portrait on his 54th death anniversary, at Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru.

The newly elected Chief Minister said: "I am not indebted to the six and a half crore people of the state. I am indebted to the Congress. I appeal to the farmers to give me one week's time. Nobody should commit suicide. In case I fail to waive crop loans, then I will resign as Chief Minister voluntarily. I don't want anybody pressuring me to resign from my post".

I am highly impressed. He speaks the truth about his indebtedness. I hope he will be true to his promise about his resignation.
    Yes I too appreciate the forthright approach of the newly elected CM of Karnataka Kumaraswamy also looks modest and his words are easily understood without mincing unlike Congress leaders who are well versed to say anything and that would be beating around the bush. And I was also impressed by his saying that there are fissures inside the government over the portfolio allocations and that would be sorted out.This is one more testimony of his modesty to admit everything happening inside. One thing is sure, Kumaraswamy has chosen a wrong partner in government and he has to forgo many things in bargaining and for that he should be broad minded, otherwise this government wont last long.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The Govt formed by the third-in-the-majority party with the support of second-in-the-majority party will have many constraints while functioning but the confidence and clarity with which the new CM is talking is giving hope of some good governance.

We have to wait and see whether he can make the bureaucratic machinery move in the desired direction or not.

Knowledge is power.

What he has said is the truth, the people did not give him the mandate, yet the Congress gave him the dream post of CM to stop BJP from coming to power.
    The first challenge thrown by the leader of opposition Mr.BS Yeddyurappa was - Stick to your promise or face the wrath of farmer agitation.
    In the run-up to the election, the new CM has promised loan waive off within 24 hours after coming to power. This runs into Rs 53,000 crores. Nobody knows where the money will come from and Congress is not happy about it.

I agree that he should be thankful to Congress for accepting him as CM even though his share was even less than half of the share of Congress. The Karnataka voters never wanted him to be the CM. They expected either siddu or Yeddyurappa as CM. The same fact has been expressed by him. We should appreciate him for accepting the fact. There are many inside problems within Congress as there is only one Dy.CM. There are at least two aspirants for that post. One is happy and the other is unhappy. So what he told regarding minister allotments is also correct. Now he wanted 7 days time from farmers instead of 24 hours for getting the loans waived off. I think the farmers can happily wait for 7 days if they are going to get their loans waived off. The internal politics between the two partners of the government may widen with respect to this point and how the CM is going to take a call on this a million dollar question which is to be answered by CM only in the near future.
    I wish happy days to him as CM.

drrao
    always confident

The CM HD Kumaraswamy has stated that he has constraints (due to the coalition) but has a plan ready for the farmer loan waiver, he will declare it on Wednesday and be true to his words.

• Sign In to post your comments