You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

I was not fully correct

At the outset, I must admit that I was not fully correct. Please read the following old thread of mine:-

This thread

In the thread, I surmised that Shri Rahul Gandhi would go to exotic foreign destination for ''atma chintan'' after the Karnataka election. Now, it has been proved that I was not fully correct.

Rahul-ji has tweeted from his official Twitter account: ''Will be out of India for a few days, accompanying Sonia ji to her annual medical check up.'' He has also reminded BJP social media that he would return quickly.

So, Rahul-ji is going to a foreign country not for ''atma chintan'', but for his mother's check-up. But which country? This question still remains.

Is it the USA? Members may kindly furnish opinions.
    After the hectic poll campaign and having marathon discussions on how to make government in Karnataka , Rahul Gandhi really wasted his energy and really needed a long rest. And this time he would be taking rest after some achievement for the first time being adorned as President of the Party. That his party is sharing power and in fact asserting things to the Kumaraswamy Government. Nevertheless, Rahul needs lots of energy and tuition to bounce back with zeal, because within one year the bigger election is going to come. Some surveys have predicted that Congress under Rahul has improved a lot . And the worst situation is that the Congress gone pauper with no money to spend for future election. May be his foreign tour would be used to have hefty poll donations from the sympathizers and well wishers of Congress party abroad ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Should we be really concerned as to where Rahul is taking his mother for treatment? It is not a secret that Sonia Gandhi has been undergoing treatment for some ailment in the recent past.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

Exactly. Rahul Gandhi has every right to go abroad, more so, with his mother for her treatment. Even if he goes to the USA, so what?

That Modi is loosing all the grip, in several parts of India, is there for all to see. The BJP cannot have such a smooth ride. While this is the truth, even forty percent of the anti-Modi vote will swing the votes in favor of the Congress.

Be that as it may, let us forget that Sonia Gandhi is the leader of the UPA and let us leave it at that.

I'm glad that Mr.Rahul is with his mother as other sons would do for the care of their elderly parents.

We have many leaders going abroad for treatment and medical issues, the last I can recollect would be Mr.Manohar Parrikar of BJP, Goa.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.