You must Sign In to post a response.
Special Prize Winner of Topic based TOW contest for the week 27th May - 2nd June'18 on topic - 'Home'
  • Category: Competition Entries

Give more importance to your home than your home-page

There is any number of definition to a home. It is said that a home is where heart is..We pour our heart to make a house an ideal home. Had there been no home, most of us would have been just vagabonds. It soothes and cares a person. Psychologists opine that it is the lack of a caring home that makes most criminals. The significance of a home is so great that all the care places are given name with prefix or suffix home- Old-age home, home-nurse, juvenile home, etc. and a meals place is called lunch-home. When we return back after a sojourn for some days we term it as 'home coming'.

Unfortunately, n modern days the concept and ideal of home has undergone change. People have started to avoid things deeply connected with home. They avoid home-food, they avoid home stay, and they avoid loving people at home. Even the members from the same home do not meet personally and talk, but they interact via social media like Facebook , Whats app etc. They visit the websites and blogs of even blood relatives or the Fb pages rather than visiting them in person. Even real homes have slowly given place to virtual homes.

My pleading is - visit your home and stay there interacting with your loved ones rather than visiting their home pages. Enjoy staying at home and not at home-stays.Give more importance to maintain your own home well than you home page.

(Entry for the TOW contest)
    Nice write up. This is a true picture we see in many families. Four people will be sitting with four electronic gadgets in their hand. They will be virtually talking to the unknown people but they never see the face of the family member just who is sitting opposite to him. We may not call them as home. We should have personal contact and share our feelings, ideas and opinions with other family members rather than liking, commenting or sharing on the social sites.
    drrao
    always confident

A very relevant thread in the times of social media, we spend much time on the internet and browsing various sites that we forget the real human beings who love us at home and who are around us.

We make it a point to sit down (on the floor) for dinner on most days, I like it because, as children we used to sit on the floor with food being in the center. Now, the good thing is while we have dinner, we do not look at the gadgets.

Editors concerned/LE/ME
    just now I found that there is an inadvertent duplication for this thread.

As this thread has been responded by members already,kindly delete thread no. 159256

Done.
    'Our knowledge is a receding mirage in an expanding desert of ignorance'- Will Durant.

• Sign In to post your comments