You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

National Donut(Doughnut) day 2018 in US coinciding with World Milk Day

June 1st, 2018 is the National Doughnut(Donut) Day(2018) in the US. Actually, it is celebrated on the First Friday of June every year. This year the first Friday is June 1 st itself. National Doughnut Day is held in honour of the Salvation Army Members who served doughnuts to the soldiers in First World War.
    In today's commercial times the bakeries in the US offer various deals and discounts on donuts to their customers
    Doughnut (Donuts) is a fried food and look like the South Indian Udid Vada(Medu Vada), but is a sweet snack or dessert food.

It is noteworthy here to know that June 1 st is the World Milk Day. It is established by the Food and Agricultural Organisation of United Nation since 2001, to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
    Near about a year back there was some discussion and debate about making Khichdi the National Food of India. Then probably we may celebrate a Khichdi Day. However, though not in that way, we have already have a day for a food item- the Pongal in South Indian states especially Tamil Nadu. Pongal usually will be celebrated around Jan14/15th.

It is also interesting to note that since last three years World Idli Day is celebrated on March 30.

We may note the Pongal Day and Idli Day in our Calendar for 2019 and celebrate by making and eating those food items.
    All the best wishes to all the members of ISC on the occasion of National Donut(Doughnut) day 2018 and World Milk Day. I am not aware of these two days. Through this post only I came to know about this.
    I am also not aware of the information that world Idli Day is celebrated on March 30. This is also the first time I am hearing this. I convey my thanks to the author for making this information known to all the members of ISC. We should remember this and celebrate world idly day in a grand way in the year 2019.

drrao
    always confident

It is the new information for me to learn that on first Friday of every June Doughnuts day is celebrated in US. But I would talk about the World Milk Day. India has been in forefront to produce largest Milk every day and in fact we always remember Kurien being the father of the Milk revolution and he was associated with Amul. What perturbed me very much yesterday that on the World Milk Day, the UP farmers who are dealing with Milk business has pored the entire lorry of milk on the road and wasted for registering their protest against the indifferent government. They should have instead supplied free milk to the children and passerby to register their protest differently.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Superb input Sir. I never knew that the world is celebrating World Iddli day as well. It is a really useful peace of information. We can feel proud that iddli is now making waves throughout the world. Saravana Bhavan group of Chennai, for instance, is expanding to Europe and may be, they will try to set up a branch in places like Kenya, in the years to come. So, it is really great that world iddli day is being celebrated.

• Sign In to post your comments