You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Incredible India: Amb Sahib Gurdwara, Mohali

The great country of India is full of many shrines and religious places where miracles do happen. One such place is Amb Sahib Gurdwara at Sector-7, Mohali. This famous Gurdwara is very near to Chandigarh, the Union Territory which is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana. But why is this Gurdwara famous?

It is said that in 1659 AD, Guru Har Rai, the seventh Guru of the Sikhs, visited this place to meet his disciple, Bhai Kooram. The unique thing about Amb Sahib Gurdwara is that it has a mango tree, which bears mango all year round. It is believed that this miracle happens as per the command of the Guru.

I have visited Chandigarh more than thrice but unfortunately could not visit this famous Gurdwara. Next time I will definitely try to visit the Gurdwara and see the miraculous mango tree.
    Great to know the importance of Amb Sahib Gurdwara at Mohali for the first time through the author. I was also wondering about that mango tree which can bear fruit all through the year. Normally we have seen mangoes on some trees in two seasons in some cases But having mangoes in all the four seasons is really a miracle. And what I was interested to know the yield of mango every year. That mean it is increasing or decreasing ? I would request the author to visit the place next time and report particularly about this mango tree and its relevance and if possible also share the image of that tree.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Again a good information from the author. It is very nice to know that there is a mango tree which will have crop all the 12 months. This is for the first time I am hearing about this Amb Sahib Gurdwara. I had been to Chandighar for more than five times. No one told me and I couldn't visit this place. By any chance, if I go to Chandighar I again definitely I will make a visit to this place. Thanks to the author for sharing a good piece of information.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments