You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Please clear the algorithm of approving Job in Job Section

Respected Editors (Job Section),

I am interested to know about job approval sequence. Does it work serially or alternative or on the basis of contributors? This is because many times I found some job posts are posted first but it is approved later. Some posts are not reviewed for about one week, some job posts are reviewed in 5-10 minutes, while the earlier posts are not reviewed. I am attaching a screenshot for example.

This is why Jobs that are posted on same time but are reviewed at different times.

Kindly clear my confusion about the algorithm of approving Job postings in the Section
    Phagu Mahato,

Job posts, like other posts of any section, are reviewed sequentially, as they appear in the queue of edits for the section's editors. However, for certain reasons, some posts may not be approved in sequence. This could be due to the editor giving the member some time to complete giving the full details. Another reason may be that one editor is having some kind of doubt about a post and wishes to clarify it with the Lead Editor (LE) of the section. So the editor will leave that and move on to the next one.

If there is a delay of one week, that may only be due to more than one of the editors being on leave. In case you do feel there has been an unwarranted delay in approval of your job post (say beyond 48hrs.) then please post a thread with the URL and the LE will check it out.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks for reply my question I was excitedly waiting your response
    I have often see this type of order, posted on same time but reviewed different - different time

Last time I posted two jobs with incomplete few columns and I was searching more relevant information about jobs but I seen that my posts are rejected within 3-5 minute while I was opened my posts in edit mode and busy on posting incomplete columns

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Phagu Mahato,

I suggest that you should avoid haste. It should not be your goal to quickly post as many as possible! Focus on one post at a time, fill in all the details, check and re-check after submitting, and then only move on to the next post. Always, quality should be the focus and not the quantity.

So the simple thing to do is to hit the submit button only on making sure you have put in all the details. If at all you do use the edit button, it should be to correct some spelling/grammar error and not for suddenly filling in a whole lot of missing data.

At the same time, do note that the job editors have been instructed not to be too quick to edit! They should give some time for members to correct info or add a relevant internal link.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

One more thing to be noted by all those posting jobs - do not be in a race to block job vacancies. That is, you submit a job which is incomplete so that another member cannot post that same job & then take your own sweet time to later fill in the incomplete boxes or add proper details in the descriptive text. Please do not adopt such tactics. Editors will summarily delete half-baked posts & repeated such tactics may result in posting permission from the section being removed.

Once again Thanks to Vandana Mam for your precious suggestion. I respective accept your suggestion and guideline for job posting
    Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.