You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Can you solve my 3 mystery questions………?

Question No 1:
    Mr John was found dead in his study by his friend Harry.Mr Harry recounted his dismal discovery to the police as '' I was walking by Mr John's house when I thought I would just pop in for a visit. I noticed his study light was on and I decided to peek in from the outside to see if he was in there. There was frost on the window, so I had to wipe it away to see inside. That is when I saw his body. So I kicked the front door to confirm my suspicions of foul play. I called the police immediately afterwards.''

The police officer immediately arrests Mr Harry for murder of John. How did he know Mr Harry was lying?

Question No 2:
    A man walks into his bathroom and shoots himself right between the eyes with a real gun with real bullet. He walks out alive, with no blood anywhere. He didn't miss and he was not a superman. How did he do this?

Question No 3:
    If you touch me, you will die, but you can live only without me. I am a big part of your life and will eventually be only thing left. You will learn to embrace me finally. What am I?
    Answer to the third question is Death.
    Answer to second is- he shot himself in a mirror.
    Answer to the first one: I am not sure about this one. It is probably about the light and frost. I don't know.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

My answer
    1. Harry should have first knocked the door and repeatedly knocked the door. If there was no response for long, then only he should have tried to peek through the window. The time must be after noon or the evening and there was no chance of having frost on the window.
    2. Rightly, he should have shot his reflected image on the mirror.
    3. Sure, it is death only.

No life without Sun

I go with the same answers as given by Sun and Aditya for 2 and 3.
    For the first mystery, I guess, the frost would have formed inside of window glass which cannot be wiped off from outside.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

For the first one, when someone drops in to visit a friend, he would not say I say his body, I kicked the front door to confirm foul play.
    A genuine person would have said, through the window I saw John fallen on the floor, in an abnormal posture etc. He would also say, I kicked the door to see if was alright or needed help. The last thing for a friend to say would be 'foul ply', it would be the police or after questioning that family or friends can suspect foul play.

Question:2
    the logical one would be he fired at the mirror, in real life, rarely the bullets can ricochete off the bone and just glance the skin on the head but there would some blood.

For the third one, the most likely answer, death

1. How could Harry see clearly when there was fog in the window and light in the room? Moreover, Harry's statement on foul play caused more suspicion.
    2. He shot through the window.
    3. Undoubtedly Death is the answer.

Good riddles!

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Answers
    1. Frost forms on the inside of the window, not outside.
    2 He shot his reflection in the bathroom mirror
    3. Death
    Congrats to Aditya,Sun,Padmini,Natrajan & Partha
    Padmini solved the first mystery correctly. So,I can say she has the capability to solve complex problems!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.