You must Sign In to post a response.
Closed temporarily to check.
  • Category: Requests

Has there been any change in the policy?

I regularly take part in the topic-based ToW of ISC. As an average writer, I find immense pleasure when my thread gets enhanced points and some cash credits. Every month, I use my limited thinking capacity and submit a thread on the given topic. Last month also, I submitted the following thread on the topic of ''Ride'' on the very day my suspension was revoked:-

Which parties and leaders are going to ride the Modi wave in 2019?

This thread did not get an award. Honestly speaking, I never expected it after reading the submissions of other participants. But I did expect some enhanced points and cash credits. But even after more than one month of submission, there has been no enhanced points and cash credit. I have also checked and found that no thread (which is not awarded) has received enhanced points and cash credits.

So, I am humbly asking whether there is any change in the policy on topic-based ToW, or not.

(P.S.: This is not a criticism of anybody. It is a genuine query.)
    Mr.Partha, the TOW ride results declared Topic based monthly TOW contest for April'18 on the topic - 'Ride' (Winners) one winner and 5 special prize winners. Enhancement/cc would be given content or thread is worthwhile.

Maybe the rest are average threads or it would be a genuine oversight by the contest editors.

I don't think all entries will be given additional points and cc. Some only which are supposed to be eligible for this by the editor will only be given. Many times my posts were also not given additional points and CC in topic-based TOW contests.
    drrao
    always confident

This is a valid request thread. Non-winning threads submitted for the topic-based TOW which do not get a prize are eligible for cc if they are genuinely worth it. They may also get enhanced points. I will check out the other entries of that particular topic-based TOW & discuss with the jury members who judged that particular contest. Please wait.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Madam ME, sincere thanks for acknowledging the request. Not only in this case, of late this phenomenon is witnessed in many other contests.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Partha,

It has been checked. The needful will be done soon.

You stated, "of late this phenomenon is witnessed in many other contests." Instead of being vague, be precise. Let us know - which contests? Were there any other, other than the one you have mentioned here?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Okay. In the month of May, I had to raise another thread requesting cc for the participants who did not get any award.

This thread

There are some more instances also.

Alright. I think these are recent occurrences and have not been habitual on a long-term basis as such. We'll try not to miss henceforth! If at all this happens again, please send a message to Forum LE Saji Ganesh and he will alert the editors in charge of the contest.

Although it is a very old thread, I am forced to submit a response because it would not be okay to raise another Forum post on the same issue again. Now, I do understand the policy has changed. The same problem is there in the TOI of the last month also.

Checking it out....wait, please.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

My usual thing is if I come back after some gap, I checked what had happened in ISC and also the announcement of awards and TOW and in that way, I can say I have got enhanced point and CC for this particular TOW Ride. And I have noted enhanced points and cc will not be done for all the threads for Topic-based TOW and in many earlier occasions, I have seen enhanced points and cc to other members threads when my thread is not awarded with enhanced with points and cc.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Do I also need to review my TOW posts for which I did not get prize?

Checked it out. There has been no oversight with other TOWs/contests. Enhanced points and cc will be given only to those deserving of it.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.