You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why there is a craze to see first day and first show of any new movie ?

Most of the big movies are released in many multiplex and theaters and that would run for many days for sure. If the movie has created hype before the release, the craze to see and watch same increases and there would be queue on the first day and first show. Just now I could see lots of people queued up at a theater to watch Kaala movie of Rajnikanth. I do agree there are die hard fans of Rajni all over, but this kind of craze would also prove to be risky to their lives as near stampede can be seen in many theaters.
    My answer will be short and to the point. This is nothing but a new and novel way of spending money by the Nuvo-rich.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

Why not ardent fan hero worship towards the actors ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Some people always want to watch the first show of all films irrespective of the actors who are acting in those films. This proves that this is not hero-worshipping, rather it is only flaunting money.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

But die hard fans of Rajni were seen at the theaters at the wee hours for the show to begin at 7 am ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan Sir, I do not know if you have ever visited Chennai in recent times. Go over to any theater screening a new Rajnikant movie. You will find at least sixty fellows, with huge milk cans in their hands, climbing up right up to the top of huge banners, pouring milk over such banners, from a height of at least sixty meters from ground level!!!

And when all this nonsense happens, and the police also enjoy all the fun, shouts of "thalaiva, thalaiva" would wake up even children and very old people, in the neighborhood, right at 3AM. There will be at least ten pumpkins that would be broken, so that our great hero, can ward off any evil eye!!

With all this tamasha, his Linga failed miserably at the box office, His dancing with granddaughters did not go well with the audience, The story was nothing great too. And then came the much-hyped Kabali, which was also another also-ran movie. One was told that the producers just got back their money.

It happens in Tamil Nadu. Even IT professionals, go overboard and wait in the theater, right at 4 AM to watch the movie. It does not happen to other movies, and does happen to a limited extent with Kaamalahassan movies. However, Kamal is streets ahead in terms of acting and is a sort of International actor, who has already won praise in his many world class movies.

Rajnikanth is only for the mad front benchers. The trend of Rajnikanth dancing with 400 dancers has been copied by every hero. Most of the songs hit the dust and none of the songs are worth hearing, even after just one week.

One longs for the melodies of the past, but with this fellow around, nothing can happen.

I would say that it is a mad crowd that wishes to see the first show on the first day.
    No life without Sun

It is the fans of the Hero who do that. Generally, when a film releases the first-day first show will be very rush and getting a ticket on that is very difficult. Many times people used to come back without getting a ticket. During my college days, I was a great fan of NTRama Rao, senior. Those days somehow I used to manage to see his movie at least in the first week.
    My another friend was also a fan of him and generally, he was arranging the tickets. One of the movies called Diksha was released those days. My friend arranged first show tickets. But we were all very eager to see the morning show itself. We have gone to the morning show by purchasing the tickets in the black. The movie was very unimpressive. We had tickets for the first show. We tried to offer those tickets at the same cost to others. But none came forward. So we were forced to see again the movie.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments