You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

A small suggestion regarding urgent articles

In ISC, some Members regularly write articles on various topics. These useful and informative articles enrich the platform of ISC immensely. Out of these articles, some give information about joining any course, admission notice, information regarding entrance tests, etc. These types of articles are time-bound in nature and needless to state that these articles mostly lose their value when the last dates are over.

In ISC, generally, the articles are checked serially as per the order of submission. Those articles submitted earlier are checked first. This system is alright for normal articles. But this system may not be appropriate for articles involving datelines/last dates.

So, I request the administration of ISC to kindly provide a system to indicate the authors whether the article which has been newly submitted contains deadlines/date-lines. Such indication would help the Editors of Resources section also.
    If the article thus submitted need urgent review, a personal message to the article editor or even ME can be made as to the important of article and the last date which is nearing. In that case the article would be reviewed fast.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, I agree with Mr Partha and it will really motivate the members to write such articles if these articles are approved in the limited time. Articles related to admissions and results fall into this category.
    Honesty is the best policy.

It is a good suggestion. If you have written an article about admissions to a particular college. If the last date is over the article may not be useful for this year but may be good for next year. Such articles can be given some priority for editing and acceptance.
    But the other point one should keep in mind is that ISC will not take more than 20 days for taking a decision. If your article's life is less than 20 days, I feel that article itself is not justified. So the authors should also see that they will write articles about schools and admissions at least before two months.
    Once you are sure that there is sufficient time to last date for the application you need not worry about the acceptance of the article.

drrao
    always confident

"If your article's life is less than 20 days, I feel that article itself is not justified. "-----Dr. Rao, I humbly disagree. Recently CBSE opened a window for re-evaluation of answer-scripts. The window for the first phase was open for only five days and the link was very difficult to find. I wrote an article on this important subject. As it was not possible to wait for 20 days, I had to request the ME to review the article urgently. But fortunately when I posted the article, she was online and she reviewed it even before my request is read by her. This may happen with other Members also, when no Editor is inline. Then what to do?

Another article of mine is pending regarding admission. The deadline is fast approaching. But I had not requested about it, and it is pending for 8 days. My preseent proposal is to eliminate such chance of delay.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

What I feel that articles of long standing importance must be given more preference , so that it stays in the site and visited by many net users.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The example you have given is a very rare issue and for such rare issues, you can rise a post by giving a link to that article with a special request by highlighting the dates. Then I think Editors will check at the earliest and do the needful.
    drrao
    always confident

Partha,

As of yesterday evening, all articles in the new submissions' list were cleared before 7p.m. There was not a single one which was not reviewed. So which article of yours is pending for 7 to 8 days?

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

I was talking about this article. This article was reviewed yesterday, only after I sent a message to an Editor of Resources section.

If it is an article related to admissions or results which has some kind of deadline and the article has not been reviewed within 2 days of submission, members can inform the editors on the third day through the ISC messaging system as stated by K Mohan. Hope that will help.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks, Madam. I have noted the procedure mentioned at #638683 for future reference.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.