You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Unwanted hype: Is it specific to only Tamil Nadu?

When Rajnikanth goes to Tuticorin the entire press follows him. Videos are immediately released on You tube. When he blabbers something, people tear him to pieces within sixty minutes. His fans retaliate.

Other actors jump into the fray, and a huge hype is created. This extends to a big discussion on whether his new movie, "Kaala" will succeed in the box office.

Hype, sensationalism and what have you. Breaking news. And endless, often purposeless debates, on many private TV channels, with high decibel challenges between participants. The list goes on...

Is this only specific to Tamil Nadu. Since I do not understand the language, I do not get to see other TV channels. Hindi, I do understand, but don't find time to see any channel.

What is going on in other places? Is this hype, this sensationalism and this stupidity of TV debates, only specific to Tamil Nadu?

What can be done to check all this nonsense?
    This type of hype and discussions on TV channels is not specific only to Tamilnadu as it happens in other languages also. A day-long discussion on 24 X 7 news channels of Telugu on all small subjects. The speakers not even know what they have to talk and also they will try to make a show-off. Very very irritating and boring. You believe it or not one day there was a rumour that Indian government is going to put a limit on the Gold to be owned by ladies. On that day one Telugu channel created such a huge mess by interviewing many ladies who are just getting ready to make a presence on the channel and they don't even don't know what is the fact and what is the issue. Now we have almost stopped tuning these channels. I have seen such discussions on Hinod and other languages also.
    Small leaders who will be waiting for a chance to come on to the small screen will take them as a good chance to encash the opportunity and they speak very high about their leader so that he will get into the good books of his leader,

drrao
    always confident

In TN the hero worship on the actors is more. In fact many actors have their Mandrams and through which the activities are carried out to get the fame for the actor. For Rajni he choose to visit Tuticorin just to avoid hostilities of crowd later when his film was released. Now he has been assured of good openings in the theater, as the crowd was conducive to his gesture for Sterlite. Another actor Vijay also visited the injured in the mid night and have some money to the needy. What stressed here that every actor have their personal ambition before doing a social cause.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

We must remember that Kaala and Robo2 might be Rajinikanth's last movies. So I can understand how fans feel about these movies. Kaala is already being loved. It was one of the most awaited releases. Rajini is loved throughout the world, even having fans in Japan and Singapore. And what we're witnessing is an international star being worshipped.
    I think the movie deserves all the hype. But fans must not be a disgrace to their idol. Public and personal safety must be taken care and fans must not lose themselves to the rush.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Rajini Kanth is the No. 1 superstar of South cinemas. He is immensely popular in all southern states. He is at the fag end of his acting career (although I don't know whether Kaala and Robo 2 are his last films, or not). So, it is quite natural that a very big hype would be created on these two movies.
    Beware! I question everything and everybody.

We cannot say the Kaala is the last movie of the super star. He is still strong and can withstand the make up for make over in any movie. But in future his movies will be produced by his son in law Dhanush and thus it would be a family affair in future.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments