You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

"The real Ambassador of communal harmony."

Mr. Yashpal Saxena hosted an 'Iftar' to about 200 people in Delhi in a lane adjacent to his house. Iftar is a meal served at the end of the day during Ramadan, to break the day's fast. The participants included not only Muslims but people of all religions. Unlike any other iftar, this is a different one. Mr. Yashpal Saxena is the father of Mr. Ankit Saxena. who was killed four months back by the family of a Muslim girl with whom he was in love.

He is fighting for the justice in a court of law against the Muslim family which killed his son. All the time his message is very clear. "I want my son's killers to be hanged, but I will not direct hate towards any faith." A great man indeed. It is people like this who are the real ambassadors of peace and harmony.
    Really a good personality. He is hosting iftar on the occasion of Ramadan to all religious people. Real secular thinking can be seen here. He is not having any idea of contesting the elections but his philosophy is very good. No religion is bad but the people are bad. Bad people are always there and good people are also there. A mistake committed by a family can't be attributed to his religion. A bad person in a religion can't make the religion bad.
    But these days the politicians are trying to create problems in the name of religion. I had also arranged a party in my house for 5 of my friends on the occasion of Ramadan. 2 of the Invitees are Muslims, 2 are Hindus and one is Christian. As a Hindu, I always feel that we should allow other religions also to live but at the same time, we should not allow Hinduism to be killed by other religions. I think I am not wrong in my thinking.

drrao
    always confident

No doubt Mr. Yashpal Saxena is a noble soul who has risen over his terrible bereavement. I salute him. I respect this ordinary but great man.

But at the same time, I also remember that his departed son Ankit Saxena also used to celebrate festivals of other communities with his friends and used to post the pictures of his celebration in his social media account. In spite of all these bonhomie, he could not save himself from the choppers of the butchers.

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Very touching person Yashpal Saxens, had other people were in his place, they would have gone right left for the injustice meted out and wont even consider giving Iftaar. He is the gentleman to the core and seeking justice for his son's death and that too in peaceful manner.By celebrating festivals of other communities especially organizing iftaar parties for the Rozadars and others is really a great gesture and those would have attended the party might have thought about Ankit and his way of behaving with other communities. We also pray that justice must prevail and those who have murdered must be booked.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments