You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

This great Indian physicist died unsung

He was a renowned professor of physics at the University of Texas. He was of Indian origin. He was born in September, 1931 at Pallam. He even proved Einstein partly wrong ( a part of his theory). This Indian physicist has been credited with various contributions to the field of theoretical physics including optical coherence, S-G representation, V-A theory, tachyons, quantum Zeno effect, open quantum system, spin-statistics theorem, non-invariance groups, positive maps of density matrices, quantum computation and many others. His contributions also include relations between east and west, philosophy and religion.

Who was this great physicist? His name was ECG Sudarshan. He was awarded Padma Vibushan and Padma Bhushan, but very few Indians know about him. This great physicist has left the mortal world at Texas, unheard, unsung, on 13th May, 2018.
    Even for me , I am coming across this great Physicist Sudarshan for the first time. Really such great personalities are not even referred or mentioned in the media about their progress and performance. Sad to know that he is no more and died without even referring about him. When the government announce the Padma awards immediately such scholars must be introduced in a big way so that their works and contributions in their field can be known to all. I blame it on HRD Ministry failing to identify such great scholars who are unheard and not even having the mentions in text books.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

There are a few such great people of India who excelled in their fields after leaving the country for jobs to other countries. An excellent Physicist with a real understanding of Physics. It is unfortunate that such people we are losing and allowing them to go to other countries. Giving him Padma Bhushan and Padma Viibhusahan is admirable but what are the actions this government or earlier government has taken to stop brain drain are to be seen. Recently to encourage good scientists BJP lead central government announced a very good scholarship scheme for the people to continue their research work. Other than this I have not seen any actions.
    We are lucky we born in a country where such great people born.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments