You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

My first pilgrimage with my granddaughter

I have the fortune of visiting Srikalahasti, Tirupati, Tirumala and Kanipakam on 5th and 6th of this month with all my family members. We have started our tour from Kalahasti and from there went to Kanipakam and reached Tirupathi by 5th night. The 6th morning we had been to Tirumala and some other places in Tirupati. We are fortunate that we could have a very blissful Darshan of Lord Venkateswara Swamy and we could complete our darshan in Just 90 minutes. We have taken Rs.300/- ticket and the slot given was 12 Noon. We went to the temple at 11 AM. They allowed us immediately and we have our darshan and came out of the temple by 12.30 PM. I have visited all these places earlier also but the speciality is this is my first pilgrimage with my 8 months, aged granddaughter. She enjoyed the tip and we also enjoyed the trip with her.
    Dr. Rao: You are very fortunate because you could take all your family members to visit the sacred places. There is no doubt that your very young-granddaughter has been blessed by the Gods and Goddesses of these places.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Great to know that you went on pilgrimage and the height of the journey that you were with the grand daughter. Surely that would be enjoyable to go pilgrimage with entire family and when everything happens without hitch, the journey would be more fruitful. As the schools have opened in TS and AP, the rush at Tirumala seems to be subsidized, otherwise there is 9 hours time slot given for the pilgrims to have the darshan of Lord Venkateshwara. Nevertheless your trip was successful and had a peaceful darshan at the Balaji and other temples. Normally pilgrimage during summer would be sultry,
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments