You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Hindu terror plot at Manhattan! What is your reaction?

Most probably almost all of us know it by now. It is about the US TV programme Quantico. An episode of Priyanka Chopra's TV series where Hindu extremists plot an attack in Manhattan with the motive of blaming it on Pakistan has drawn much flak and anger from most quarters. The producers, directors and actors have the temerity to show Rudraksha, a sacred symbol of Hinduism, in this imaginary attack. In the episode, Priyanka Chopra, playing the role of Alex Parrish, solved the case from this Rudraksha.

Some years back, some terrorists attacked Manhattan. One of the criminals, a retired Paki Air Vice-Marshal, refused to say sorry about the dastardly act. The producers of Quantico do not dare to show the real culprits of such terrorist attack but can put blame on Hindus in this manner.

Isn't it the time to take necessary action against those people including Priyanka Chopra who showed Hindus in a bad light, definitely with ulterior motives?
    Certainly the people need to protest and the government must take action on those who belittle the Hinduism for their ulterior motive of earning money. If such sensitive issues are filmed and shown on television, there need to be a rider or apology but nothing sort of that and they simply show what they meant and that makes dent in our Hindu religion. And how come Priyanka Chopra was the character to that bad portray of Hindu terrorism. She should step out of the play , otherwise the social media would have her shunted out sooner or later. Let good sense prevail on play makers.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I sternly believe that terrorism has no religion. And also no one does terrorism for fun. I find the framing of Pakistan thing very possible.
    A good story is where we get the views of both sides. There are no villains in real life. Quantico tried to show how serious the Indo- pak crisis is through its plot.

Now I know that though this plot is acting as a reference for the real life bombings but let us enjoy the series as a series. I don't think anyone is going to assume few scenes from a show as a fact.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr. Aditya Mohan: ''I sternly believe that terrorism has no religion.''------All these theories have no relation in real life. Another such nonsensical theory is terrorism is related to poverty. These theories have already been proved to be incorrect.

The show (Quantico) has extensively used Hindu religious symbol to project Hinduism and Hindus in poor light. The producers did it intentionally to give a counter-narrative to the religious terrorism which presently engulfs the world. And Priyanka Chopra has sold her soul to get a few dollars thrown at her.

Time has come to let our protesting voice heard clearly.

Beware! I question everything and everybody.

I think these practices should be protested and we should see that no religion is undermined anyway. for a Hindu, his religion is good, for a Muslim also his religion is a really good one and same is the case with other religions also. It is their right in our country to follow any religion you like. No one should be allowed to comment badly on religion. But unfortunately in some plays and movies like this, Hinduism is targetted and unwanted comments and remarks are being made on this. As a Hindu, we should not tolerate any such attempts on Hinduism. It is fair to ask not to undermine a particular religion. Every Hindu should protest and see that these attempts are stopped.
    drrao
    always confident

I reiterate that this has been done intentionally to give a counter-narrative to the prevalent religious terrorism. Why don't the producers show an episode relating to real-life terrorism at Manhattan and the criminals actually involved in that crime? Why doesn't the writer write such an episode?

Why is Hinduism being denigrated in spite of being the most reasonable system of living? The answer is very simple. Hindus think that God would punish those who denigrate the religion. Some try to even justify such denigration (as a Member has done this in this very thread).

But Hindus have forgotten that ''God helps those who help themselves''.

So, we must try to punish those who denigrate this great religion. I support the boycott call given to the products endorsed by Priyanka Chopra, as a first step.

When you see such artificial serials where in the show is carried not by script or good acting but by glamour, casting, and sophistication, we should remember not to take these seriously.

The makers of such programs should be very careful when they tread the line of terrorism plots and not portray Hindus or other religions in a bad light. The makers have apologized.

With regards to the international actor PC, she will act as per the script. But having been an Indian, she would have been the best person to anticipate the backlash that this concept has received. Had she done it, she would have saved the embarrassing moments for the makers and herself and come out shining in a positive manner.

The producers of the program have now tendered an unconditional apology and so has Priyanka Chopra for depicting the mastermind behind the Manhattan attack as an 'Indian'. The episode in question was reportedly not aired in India.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

This half-hearted apology won't change anything. This is an outward show only to ward off the present controversy. People understand this. The boycott call on the products endorsed by the particular Indian actress still stands.

Partha, do the 'people' referred to in your above response include me or others like me too, who see a movie or series as a movie or series? If that be the case, how can you categorically say that the ban on the products endorsed by the actress still stands? How can you make a general statement like this? A section of the people ( who are highly and sentimentally nationalistic) might have felt too bad while there may be others like me who felt that such a reference could have been avoided and there may be yet another group (extremely liberal as you say) who felt that it is just a creative work and we need not take it so seriously. They may or may not buy the products endorsed by the actress. But does she stand to lose anything? That is the fact and the truth that we need to realize.
    'He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.'- Elbert Hubbard.

I earlier mentioned that the boycott call stil stands. This is a request to all people not to puchase the products endorsed by the great actress. There is no ban.

To me, a boycott call and a ban are two different things.

Drawing the images of Hindu Gods and Goddesses in footwear is also a creative act to some people, but we must take this very seriously. Painting objectionable figures of Hindu Goddesses was also a creative act, but some people took it very seriously and the artist was not able to return to India in his life-time due to his creativity. The great actress should also remember this.

• Sign In to post your comments