You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Amusement

A light hearted box activity

Here's something fun to work on over the weekend. In a response to this thread, write just one single sentence on the word 'box' with not more than 40 words in that sentence. The sentence should be related to any one of the categories of Entertainment of our forum. Which are those categories? Don't be lazy! Look it up! Naturally, the word box must appear at least once in the sentence.

Only one response per member is allowed. Since this is an informal activity, you may edit your response at any time for any reason before closing time.

Points and cc up to maximum Rs.10/- will be given to your entries, but only to those which are really worthy of it.

Closing time to submit a response: 8 P.M.(IST), 10th June.

Updated at 3p.m. on 10th June: Please mention the category selected. Closing time extended also.

(This activity is inspired by a similar one organized by Partha on the word 'bat' some time ago.)
    My sentence:-

Although the movie 'Raazi' is a box office hit, I am not impressed with it because of certain reasons, which I will explain in my review of the movie.

(Category: Articles>Entertainment>Movie Reviews)

Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Box braided hairstyle protects the hair follicles from damage and promotes hair growth, these box braids are hair braids which are characterized by square-shaped hair divisions and they can also be created by adding in synthetic braiding hair.
    Regards,
    Ramya

My out of box thinking some times leads creative writing in this forum which some members like and some may not respond and that wont deter me to stop contributions here as I am convinced that sustained presence gives immense pleasure for me and get noticed.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Category : Entertainment - > Television.

Television programmes which involve out of the box thinking will definitely grab more attention from viewers than those which follow the traditional approach.

Regards
    Rizwan

Entertainment/television.
    These days, TVs are no more entertainers for the exhausted office people after coming back from the office, even though there are hundreds of channels as there is no real worth seeing programme in this so-called Idiot box.

drrao
    always confident

A little common sense can transform the 'idiot box' into meaningful entertainment box, if we wisely choose programs of nature, comedy, hit movies, music to unwind after a hectic day, and be mindful of time at hand.

Category selected: entertainment>Television.

Category: Out- of- the-Box- thinking.

By developing a keen creative ability of thinking out-of-the-box, we can see new possibilities, follow different paths to achieve success in our chosen fields, and also in passionate pursuits like singing, or dancing, or painting or whatever.

The time has its own course & so we have to keep looking for updates around us so as not to get left behind because there was a time wherein the "Letter Box" was much in demand but now we don't feel the need of it anymore.

It is really enjoyable to watch IPL match from VIVO VIP box. Lets pray for me so that my dream will come true in next IPL season and I would be a part of VIVO VIP box.
    ( Category: Entertainment > amusement)

Honesty is the best policy.

Category: Amusement/Music (a dramatic musical performance)

My sentence:

When a guitar theme is played, a matchstick jumped out of a matchbox, entered the stage like a rock star and sang,” I have positive power to spread light and negative power to destroy life...” in a fiery tone.

I would like to request everyone to please edit your responses and mention the category you have selected. I will update this in the text also for the subsequent entries. The closing time has also been extended.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Really X BOX is very enjoyable playstation. It is best playstation ever. I like to play game by X BOX . I play game in X BOX by indicating hand and finger. X BOX is great way of entairtanment. I wish that I also have X BOX. ( Category: entertainment > amusement)

As per the direction of the ME, I have edited my response to indicate my category.

Category: Amusement« Entertainment

I thought to take a deep dive,
    into the ancient archive,
    that held the greatest of my works,
    safely inside a heart-shaped box.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Don't put me in a box or tie me to the ground nor put me in-house with flowers all around, or make me what you think I ought to be; for I'd rather die for something than live for nothing.

Category: Music

Its always been a stationary Flat Earth for @ 6000 years.

Am afraid I have posted a totally different thread than the one specified in the rules. I just read it correctly. I request Vandana Madam to kindly delete my input.

MrABSivakumar, you could have done it your self, you can edit the title and content but it's past closing time.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Points & cc have been given for valid entries. Apologies for the delay!
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks to ME for giving 5 points and CC to my posting. I congratulate all the members who got some points and CC. I wish all the best to the remaining participants we couldn't get any CC in this contest. All the best to all the participants in the coming contests.
    drrao
    always confident

One sentence, 5 points, 5 cash credits. Good show, Partha!

Congratulations to all cash credit and enhanced points winners.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.