You must Sign In to post a response.
Want to write a chapter for an e-book? Register right here for an exciting photo-based e-book contest!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Photo-based e-book contest: Registrations invited

Since members expressed their interest in e-book contests in feedback last year, we will have one soon. This time, a photo will be given in order to provide a new dimension to it. Additionally, each author has to give a title to his/her chapter.

Those keen on writing a chapter for the e-book should post a response to this thread, expressing their interest to participate.

How the e-book will be written:
    1. There will be a separate announcement of the actual contest, with a title and a photo attached.
    2. In the order of the responses which come in here, members will write a chapter for the e-book in that thread. One member will write only one chapter, keeping to the word limit which will be provided.
    3. The authors have to write a chapter within 24hrs of the time-stamped in the previously submitted chapter. Thus, for example, if XYZ writes Chapter 1 at 12.39, Chapter 2 should be written by PQR before 12.39 the next day.
    4. In case the author who is designated to write does not do so, then the next author in the order of registration will be expected to write that particular chapter. To avoid confusion, I will give a list of the order in a response to this thread, in batches of 5 or 6.
    5. In order to keep the story on track and not let it go haywire, I will provide a particular element to each author which he/she should include in the chapter to be submitted.

Ready to write a chapter? Register now! As of now, no closing time to register, but registrations may close after about 15-16 members have registered. Cash awards for the best chapters will be announced in the contest thread.

For those who are new to the e-book contest concept, you can refer to the earlier one to understand how to participate.
    I am registering myself. I will definitely try to write on the given topic and photo/image.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

Good to hear about another ebook contest. please accept my registration too for one of the chapters..

Count me in too!

I will also try to write a chapter. Let me provide a chance.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I am interested in writing a chapter if a chance is given. This is to inform my interest to write a chapter in the photo-based ebook.
    drrao
    always confident

I am very much interested to contribute to the ebook once again.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Please count me in too. I want to give it a try again.

I offer my intention to write a chapter.

Wow! another e-book contest.
    Please count me in for this.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

I am interested. Please count me in.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

I am interested to contribute in this contest. Please count me in.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I am interested to take part in this ebook contest. Please add me in.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Thanks, everyone for your registrations. I am postponing this for the time being as currently, I am not in a mood to conduct any contest.
    When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

With my team member now back home, will resume contests' activities. I will announce the start of this e-book soon, if possible today itself.

The first 5 chapters will be written in this order:
    Chapter 1: Partha K
    Chapter 2: Natarajan
    Chapter 3: Neethu
    Chapter 4: Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala
    Chapter 5: Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao

Please wait for further instructions. More registrations are welcome.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Just now I have seen this announcement. Noted it.

Authors can start writing the e-book. Follow this thread to know your Chapter number and follow the announcement thread to know which element to include in your chapter. As per feedback from members, hereon more prizes will be distributed for all such forum-based contests.

Have fun!

Vandana Mam, I wish to participate in this ebook contest.
    Live life Kingsize!

I have submitted the first chapter at 18:52 Hours on 16th June, 2018.

I have just now submitted the second chapter of this e-book contest

Hi Vandana,

Due to office work, I opt out of the contest. I didn't get time to write on it.

I have submitted the third chapter of e book contest.
    Honesty is the best policy.

• Sign In to post your comments