You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Members! Do you want to participate in a unique long story contest?

Now that the next e-book contest has been postponed, let me try to organize my own long story contest. Members, are you interested to participate?

My contest is little bit different. The contest must have eight participants (not one more, not one less). So, the first eight Members registered will participate in the contest. Another two Members will be in the waiting list. They will get the opportunity if the already registered Members don't participate after the competition commences.

Now the rules! Please read carefully. The first Member would write five sentences and initiate a story. The second Member will continue the story with six sentences, the third one will write seven sentences. The eighth participant will write twelve sentences. Please note that the number of sentences for each participant is fixed. You can't write more or less than the stuipulated number of sentences. You have to write exactly the stipulated number of sentences. Each participant will get a maximum of 24 hours to submit his/her response.

If you are interested, kindly register yourself as a response to this thread. Only eight Members will participate. The best three responses will receive virtual gifts from me. Best three responses will be judged on the basis of style, presentation, coherence and ability to make the story interesting. (Those Members who have to write lesser number of sentences will get equal opportunity for the award based upon their ability to initiate an interesting story and ability to evolve a plot.)The order of registration will be the order of writing. The competition will commence as and when the registration of first eight Members is completed.

Members, are you ready to accept the challenge of writing this unique long story? Then register yourself.
    I'm interested to participate.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

We have earlier attempted such activity and what I request the author that instead of increasing the writing sentences member after member, let there be three sentence contribution from each of us so that many members can be accommodated.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is an intriguing contest. However, I would very much like to be excluded from this since thebthread is vague for me to understand. On the top of this, I love stories but writing is not my thing.

Good luck to all the participants.

Hackers never learns but always wins!

Mr. Mohan: From the stories in earlier e-book contests, I have come to the conclusion that for proper cohesion, appropriate spreading of the theme and coming to a proper conclusion, the later participants must write more sentences.
    Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.

I will also try to write and participate in the story writing if Partha allows me and if there is no objection from him.
    drrao
    always confident

For the last one week, I am suffering from cold fever. Today I am feeling a bit alright. I do not know what will be my condition hereafter. I may not guarantee you my presence. Hence, I wish to keep myself away from the story writing contest. All the best for your good efforts.
    No life without Sun

I will participate, Mr. Partha!

Count me in. I will give it a try.
    'Don't miss the Donut by looking through the hole'- Anonymous.

I will refrain myself from participating in this so-called contest. Do not get me wrong, I have my reasons.

A fair contest would also appoint judges. There has been no such call made and reading the details it is quite apparent that the 'contest' would be judged solely by its organiser. In view of this, I would like to add that while judging the winners there is always the scope of personal biases stepping in. This is not an accusation, but an observation, which I reckon that anyone who looks at it from the right perspective will agree with.

When different aspects are being judged at different levels then it does not seem apt for just one person to be doing so. It would be appropriate for you to appoint at least three judges to do the job of adjudging the best entries, alongside you.

I think this is a fair request.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

I fully agree with Ms. Juana. I should have appointed a judge who doesn't have any bias. Ms. Juana may kindly suggest someone.

I also respect Ms. Juana's decision not to participate in the contest.

Glad to note that you are in agreement with me on my rather honest views.

I have already clarified that I do not want to be part of this 'contest', so why would you want to rope me in for the selection of judges?

This is your baby, and since you have openly acknowledged that you concur with what I found flawed, I think it would be appropriate for you to take corrective measures, before going ahead with the exercise.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

#639164: I only sought suggestion, decision will be entirely mine.

So far the following Members have registered:-
    1. Mr. Aditya Mohan: He will write 5 sentences
    2. Dr. Rao: 6 sentences
    3. Ms. Neethu: 7 sentences
    4. Mr. Saji Ganesh: 8 sentences

Another four Members are required. Thereafter I will request a non-participating Member to be the judge and start the contest.

I need another four willing Members to start the contest. Please register.

• Sign In to post your comments